#1. Ccleaner is the shit, I love that program. You can even do a Guttman wipe on stuff with it, and that's just groovy. When I can't be bothered to actually figure out WHAT is causing a problem with a work computer.. half the time i just run Ccleaner a couple times, in both file/registry cleanup and reboot. 80% of the time it fixes the shit, and I'm home free. The other 20% of the time I'll actually have to figure out what was wrong.
None the less, it makes my life a whole lot easier.
#2. I like hitting a virused up comp with AVG anti virus AND ClamAV. I don't trust just one. Also, scanning the machine's HD without booting into it, from an already hardened machine has been useful to me on more than one occation. Ad-Aware is not bad, Spy bot isn't bad either. TeaTimer on spybot is interesting... but I think I prefer the registry lock in Comodo firewall honestly... and it's a lot more user friendly from my experience.
Since we're on the topic... has anyone used either:
GMER, or IceSword?
"Bad.. Good? I'm the guy with the gun"