Your Ultimate Hacking Workbench

<<

g00d_4sh

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:53 pm

Your Ultimate Hacking Workbench

Wired has a contest going, on seeing what someone would put in their ultimate hacking workbench for under 600$.

This does't include the cost of your computer or a bench.  I thought it was kind of an interesting little thing though, and some of you might enjoy posting on it.

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2008/01/y ... ate-h.html
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"
<<

RoleReversal

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:56 am

Re: Your Ultimate Hacking Workbench

Nice find,

think I'll keep that one bookmarked to review the lists everyone comes up with, might be some nice tips  ;)
<<

g00d_4sh

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Your Ultimate Hacking Workbench

That's what I'm doing.  I love tearing stuff appart and seeing what's inside.  And so far a lot of what I've seen is physical hacking, not just software.  Everyone on the software side is going to have all the free software off of 'Insecure.org', but for the phsycial side I'm hoping to see some good tips.  I saw a demo from some of the lock picker's society people.  That was very very cool, and involved some very unlikely tools such as a 3 inch long piece of semi firm (but bendable) plastic with a little quarter inch nub sticking out of one side.  The guy was able to open just about any popular padlock in about 2 seconds with that.  Some very cool little techniques and odd tools were demonstrated, and none of them did damage to the locks. 

I'm sure there will be some other cool little add ins like that, and I"m excited to see what turns up.
"Bad.. Good?  I'm the guy with the gun"

Return to Other