What does it take to be a hacker?

<<

Kev

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:59 am

What does it take to be a hacker?

These are just some simple thoughts. Is being a good hacker simply just knowledge? Or is it really more just a mind set?  I believe it’s more of a mind set. If you are thinking right you figure it all out. Be persistent.  Look hard!  Don’t just look for hand outs. A hacker’s quality is one that is very curious, patient, and cunning.  A true hacker hangs in there longer than most. Perhaps almost like a rat. I don’t mean that in a bad way.  A rat has amazing survival skills and persistence.  It can keep digging looking for a way in. In that way it can be admired?  Early on we were all told to find out every thing we could on ourselves.  If we asked simple questions we would get burned.  I mean simple question with just a little research we could have answered ourselves. If someone is looking for some quick easy answers how to hack an email, etc.. They will never be given a real answer on the net.  That’s just the way it is so don’t ask and don’t get fooled by those that offer to do it for a fee.  I am not saying it cant be done. Actually I can do it and many others but do you really think we would give it up on a forum, lol!  Be real and get serious!  The reality is you need to have the qualities to find it out yourself. Think, be patient and be a rat trying to keep digging in. If you don’t have those qualities, I can promise you even if I give you the quick easy, well you won’t be able to do it. Just my experience and I still feel to this day its about qualities rather than just simply knowledge.
<<

dannioni

Post Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:16 am

Re: What does it take to be a hacker?

Hacking, I think, is largely about curiosity, what happens if I do this? Isn't that how all new kinds of exploits are discovered? And that's why the most of us feels the to break in to a system, to see if we can, or how it works. So Kev you're right it's a mindset, one of curiosity and exploration.

Return to Network Pen Testing