Using Ophcrack and Cain to Crack Vista

<<

hackly66

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:39 pm

Using Ophcrack and Cain to Crack Vista

Hi everyone been doing some researching on decrypting Vista password and I got the say yes its possible only as IronGeek mention, if it's a weak password yes it can be cracked. I viewed and followed his Tutorial, I give a lot of credit to IronGeek’s Cracking Vista Password Beta tut on his site, First I Boot into my system which has Vista Ultimate with Ophcrack boot CD and, there are Two Accounts that has my Daughters password and mine. Now just to pose a bet on my child's password to crack it, she is only 7 yrs old, and her password contains 10 characters letters and Numbers. I told her to please tell me her password because I will do some auditing on both passwords. I asked her and she declined hahahah, but with a bit of social engineering that helped a bit ;D. Well on to the Tut Popped in a thumb drive into my system booted up with the latest Ophcrack CD once it populated all accounts, It stated that all LM hashes are empty please use Nthashes Table to Crack them, well here is the part I found very interesting since we cannot use rainbow tables through OPhcrack why not save the hashes into a text file. First you go To--->Load---->from encrypted SAM--->File system--->mnt--->hda1 (can be a different letter name)--->WINDOWS\system32\config---->click on open
Now all accounts will show up here with no notification if they are LM or NT but you can click on tables, but remember Vista hashes all accounts to the NTHash so let's go and save --->Save As (here is when your external thumb drive comes into use) go to--->System Files--->mnt--->sdal removable. Make sure you do see the file save into the small drive. Now the fun part begins logout of Ophcrack boot backup into Vista open up Cain and Abel go to--->cracker Tab-->left window-->LM&NTLM-->click on the white area -->click the plus sign-->Import Hashes from a text file-->G drive(can be a different letter)--->look for file name (save.oph )click on shift+*.*
and the accounts should populate, there you will see LmHashes beginning with “AAD” this is the blank hashes the right hashes are your passwords hashed in NTHash.Now I have been doing a lot of random collection of wordlists and Dictionary out into the internet some I have had great success, but I like to keep this a secret cause I like doing things very ethical so that’s where you would do your homework Google it! hahaha you can use Rainbow tables they would have to be NTLM Tables. Continue Right Click and Select all users’ right click and Select-->Dictionary Attack NTLM Hashes-->select your wordlists or you can use Cain’s wordlist and then run. It took about 20-30mins to crack my Kids password her password is "kissing???" Cannot display her numbers at the end, that is our secret hahahah :D, but I was amazed in less of time it took to crack her password fully. I continued on with my password it contains 1uppercase letter, 2 lowercase letters, 3 numbers & one special character and am still trying to crack it with no success >:(, well this is my experience using this method, I hope anyone reading this will do this ethically and if you need further info go to Irongeeks website you can see what I trying to interpret in his tutorial .I hope this was very informal, and always use different characters in the mix of your password.
A+,Net+,Sec+
<<

LSOChris

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Re: Using Ophcrack and Cain to Crack Vista

girls think about kissing at 7???

thats not good at all...i only got 5 years left before it starts
<<

hackly66

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:18 pm

Re: Using Ophcrack and Cain to Crack Vista

You made me laugh ;D true, but she is still a small kid and am enjoying it
as she loves playing around with computers.
A+,Net+,Sec+

Return to Tutorials