Wireshark 0.99.7 Released

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:40 pm

Wireshark 0.99.7 Released

For those of you who don't know, Wireshark is the world's most popular network protocol analyzer. It is used for troubleshooting, analysis, development, and education. Get it, use it, love it!!

There are now several versions including:

- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista Installer (.exe)
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista PortableApps Package
- Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista U3 Package
- Source Code

Dec 18, 2007

Wireshark 0.99.7 has been released. Many security-related vulnerabilities have been fixed. See the advisory for details.

This release improves the privilege separation between the capture code and interface code. It also lets you filter directly on SNMP OIDs, follow UDP streams, and has improved Vista support. For a complete list of changes, please refer to the 0.99.7 release notes. Official releases are available right now from the download page.

Happy Packet Capturing,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

blackice2007

Post Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:25 pm

Re: Wireshark 0.99.7 Released

Thx. Don for mention Wireshark. I am very fan with Laura Chappell’s Master Library and also I took a class call TCP/IP before I graduated in computer science. from DeVry. I already have all her tools and it's great. Here is the web site http://www.packet-level.com/. You can get a free for trial Master Library  it cost $995.00. I tell you it will help you a lot plus if you have AirPcap and AirPcap Tx versions you all set for your life. Here is another I love http://www.cacetech.com/
BlackIce don't melt!
=============================
C|EH, SSP-MPA, GHTQ, GCWN, SSP-GHD

Return to Tools