Exam Prep 2 (Que) Does CEH in April

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:48 am

Exam Prep 2 (Que) Does CEH in April

This must be the year that CEH gets serious. We all know it got a lot of press last year, but it seems as though a number of publishers are now starting to come out with study guides for the exam this year. Sybex was announced on this forum as releasing their book on April 17 and it looks as though Que is trying to beat them to the punch. Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Prep by Michael C. Gregg is slated to be released April 4, 2006.

Keep an eye out...

Don
Last edited by don on Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Dengar13

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:13 pm

Re: Exam Prep 2 (Que) Does CEH in April

Cool, maybe I am a charter member?  LOL!  I wish their portal had more traffic on it thourgh.  Yeah, if Sybex is in it is becomin really legit. 
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
MCSE: Security/Messaging
MCSA: Security/Messaging
Former U.S. Marine and damn proud of it!
<<

oyle

Post Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:20 am

Hey Dengar, have you got a frame yet for your long-awaited CEH cert? I never got one for mine, I like to keep mine in the folder they sent it to me in.

You mentioned previously your boss wanted to see it. WHat did he say when you showed it to him?
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

Dengar13

Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:49 am

He thought it looked pretty cool and wants to showcase it once/if we get our PCI cert for potential customers.  Have you gone to EC-Council's portal at all???
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
<<

Dengar13

Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:50 am

No I didn't get a frame yet. :(

All my certs are in a folder because my company wanted copied of them and haven't out them all back in frames yet. Did you frame yours?
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
<<

oyle

Post Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:48 am

Yes, I have all mine framed except for the CEH. The CEH is sort of cardboard, sort of, and I just keep it in the folder it came in. All my other certs, Microsoft, etc., are paper, so I have those all framed.

Had to drive round trip of 345 miles last Thursday to a hospital in Lima Ohio to install a Cisco 1841 router. I was able to actually do a little configuration on it too, after struggling with the remote techie on the cell phone in a wiring closet on the 6th floor. This hopsital was about 164 miles from me, one way. So I'm charging the company for the mileage and the turnpike fees. They called me from Chicago while I was there to try and help me find I-75 and to get there on time. So I  only got there an hour late. About 3 hours each way. They were apologoizing to me up and down, "We're so sorry, we didn't realize you were that far away; we meant to call you a day earlier, but we got sidetracked and forgot about me".  >:( Somewhere in one of my many "contracting" employers, I'm on a [very] short list of being "the only SBC-Authorized engineer" in my area (N.E. Ohio). Sigh. You're lucky you have one real, steady, employer, where you can just fit into a routine every day.

Oyle.  :-\

Last edited by oyle on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker