Hello all!!! Suggest me

<<

vaibahv

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:51 am

Hello all!!! Suggest me

I wanna be ethical hacker....... I am searching net about this matter from years but didn't get any thing satisfied. I wanna learn from basics to advance level. Please give me some web resource where are some tutorial.
Vaibhav Sharma
<<

sedated

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:20 pm

Re: Hello all!!! Suggest me

vaibahv wrote:I wanna be ethical hacker....... I am searching net about this matter from years but didn't get any thing satisfied. I wanna learn from basics to advance level. Please give me some web resource where are some tutorial.

This question would be much easier to answer if we had a idea of where your
current computer skills stand.Such as how comfortable you are in different operating systems? do you understand networking and protocols? Can you program? learning hacking from the very beginning takes a lot of knowledge and has a steep learning curve read read and then read some more.
Last edited by sedated on Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

vaibahv

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:01 pm

Well, truly specking I don't had much access to the computer before but now I have full access to it as I have owned it. I can work on windows only. I am gonna learn linux and unix also. And about to join programming course also.
Vaibhav Sharma
<<

sedated

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:28 pm

vaibahv wrote:Well, truly specking I don't had much access to the computer before but now I have full access to it as I have owned it. I can work on windows only. I am gonna learn linux and unix also. And about to join programming course also.

Based on what you said you should just start learning how a computer works not just on the hardware level but you need to know how information
is processed.My advice is the first certification you should be working towards is A+ .Then after that start learning networking.
<<

vaibahv

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:54 pm

Yeah I have joined my course of MCSA and MSCE. But I think what all they are teaching me I know. So it is giving me no interest.
Vaibhav Sharma
<<

Kev

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:42 am

Yes I agree with Sedated. My first start was the hardware level. Then onto networking and then programming. Build a server and a number of boxes along with it and then network them all together and finally write a few basic management programs.  If you can do that, then you have a great foundation for everything else.
<<

sedated

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:38 am

vaibahv wrote:Yeah I have joined my course of MCSA and MSCE. But I think what all they are teaching me I know. So it is giving me no interest.

I hope you're studys are going well.Another simple but important step if you plan on getting into IT on the security side is surrounding yourself with people in the field go to cons when you can.Check  if there is a ISSA chapter in youre area and possibly join.Regularly read security websites even if you do not understand it all technically i find it helps.Just networking with people in the career path you want can do wonders.

Return to Network Pen Testing