[Article]-Security Data Visualization: Graphical Techniques for Network Analysis

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:36 pm

[Article]-Security Data Visualization: Graphical Techniques for Network Analysis

Chris has been doing reviews for several books in our forums. Seeing as though he is also a regular columnist, I felt these reviews deserved a little better treatment than simply a forum posting. Find this review, others and sample chapters to many security related titles in our Book Review Section.

Permanent Link: [Article]-Security Data Visualization: Graphical Techniques for Network Analysis

Review by Chris Gates, CISSP, CPTS, CEH

If you want to get into security visualization this is the book for you. This book gives you everything you need to get started in the field. You may be asking yourself why you should care or want to be interested in Security Visualization. In Chapter 1 the author sums it up nicely. “Visualizations make abstract data more coherent...In many cases, visualizations seek to display large amounts of information in a compact but useful way.”

Before we get into the review, I'll disclose that I know the author and he gave me a review copy. I don't think this makes it easier for the author to get a good review, in fact, I think it makes it harder because I expect a lot from the author. Its his fault I'm into computer and information security and I have taken courses that he taught, so he had high expectations to meet.

Add your thoughts below,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Kev

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:31 pm

Re: [Article]-Security Data Visualization: Graphical Techniques for Network Anal

I am enjoying these book reviews a lot. I am a book nut anyway so I hope you find time to keep this up.
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:09 am

Re: [Article]-Security Data Visualization: Graphical Techniques for Network Anal

well i'm stacking up, but i got some long flights coming up so i should be able to knock some of them out.
<<

pseud0

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:21 am

This childish, but the most amusing thing about this post is how the title shows up in the forum list....

Re: [Article]-Security Data Visualization: Graphical Techniques for Network Anal by ChrisG (Book Reviews)
CISSP, CISM, CISA, GCIH, GREM, CEH, HMFIC, KTHXBIROFLCOPTER
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: [Article]-Security Data Visualization: Graphical Techniques for Network...

nice!

Return to Book Reviews