Free Cell Phone lookup

<<

venom77

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:47 pm

Free Cell Phone lookup

Do free cell phone lookups exist anywhere? Reverse lookups that is? I'm not having much luck, they all seem to lead back to Intelius somehow which charges $15 (which isn't too bad; but if I can find a cheaper solution I'm all for it :)
<<

Kev

Post Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Free Cell Phone lookup

I know Private investigators have a source they use, but I have never found one that was free. I have also heard that the results with Intelius vary and are not always accurate so you might want to be cautious. 
<<

reverselookup

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:31 am

yes it is very difficult to find a free service ...
<<

unsupported

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:08 pm

I've read that Intellus does not really do much beyond provider and location.
I found a free service, http://phonetrace.org/ (PG-13)

I remember finding a ring tone download website which would tell you the carrier, but then you'd have to call and SE more details.

The only other option I found is to spoof the cell phone number and call a landline for the caller ID info... but that suggestion would better be posted and discussed at http://www.unethicalhacker.net (yours for the low price of $450) run by Evil Don and such illustrious posters as Evil Unsupported, Evil Hayabusa, Evil BillV, Evil Ketchup, Evil Jhaddix, Evil ZeroFlaw, etc. (who look just like their normal counterparts, but with goatees).
Last edited by unsupported on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Un
CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, C|EH, Sec+, Net+, MCP
<<

zeroflaw

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:49 pm

unsupported wrote:The only other option I found is to spoof the cell phone number and call a landline for the caller ID info... but that suggestion would better be posted and discussed at http://www.unethicalhacker.net (yours for the low price of $450) run by Evil Don and such illustrious posters as Evil Unsupported, Evil Hyabusa, Evil BillV, Evil Ketchup, Evil Jhaddix, Evil ZeroFlaw, etc. (who look just like their normal counterparts, but with goatees).

Rofl! That would be something  :P

Anyway, I was also wondering about this a while ago and couldn't find anything useful :-\

And unsupported, did you actually try that free service you found? ;)
Last edited by zeroflaw on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZF
<<

hayabusa

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:33 pm

unsupported wrote:...but that suggestion would better be posted and discussed at http://www.unethicalhacker.net (yours for the low price of $450) run by Evil Don and such illustrious posters as Evil Unsupported, Evil Hyabusa, Evil BillV, Evil Ketchup, Evil Jhaddix, Evil ZeroFlaw, etc. (who look just like their normal counterparts, but with goatees).

Wow!  I now have an alter-ego on the dark side.  Yes !!!  Now have to work with those named individuals to create our own mini ethical hacker league of heros!

<kidding>  But that was one of the best replies I've seen on any board, all week.  Well done!
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

rattis

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:13 pm

unsupported wrote:who look just like their normal counterparts, but with goatees.

my evil alter ego is clean shaven.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

unsupported

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 pm

chrisj wrote:my evil alter ego is clean shaven.

Does that mean the good chrisj has a goatee/beard, or are you just trying to trick the rest of the evil alter egos?
-Un
<<

hayabusa

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:21 pm

DOH!  Ethical Hacker senses indicate some practice in social engineering, perhaps?  (That, or just plain curiosity!  <grin>)  I really need some rest, as this is actually piquing my interest in that 'over-tired' craziness sort of way...  LOL
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

rattis

Post Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:48 pm

unsupported wrote:
chrisj wrote:my evil alter ego is clean shaven.

Does that mean the good chrisj has a goatee/beard, or are you just trying to trick the rest of the evil alter egos?

I've been sporting a beard / goatee for 10 years now. I have it off once a year or so for some Social Engineering, but that's about it.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

Ketchup

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 am

I usually wear a full ninja outfit when I do social engineering.  It hides my evil facial hair.  No one expects a ninja in the workforce.  They are not quite sure what to do when I drop out of the ceiling with my Iron Key.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ketchup
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:33 pm

When someone sees a ninja in the office, it's kind of like a buffer overflow for the brain. It's a little overkill for a Social Engineering attack, but effective nonetheless. Whatever works, right?  ;)

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

unsupported

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Ketchup wrote:...They are not quite sure what to do when I drop out of the ceiling with my Iron Key.

I almost did a spit take with my afternoon cup of coffee... it would not have been too bad though, I'm up for a computer refresh.
-Un
<<

hayabusa

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:48 pm

What's an afternoon cup of coffee???  <kidding> but I could sure use one, right about now.

Ketchup, I'd love to see the ninja dropping from the ceiling bit.  While everyone was staring at you, I'd be doing all kind of info gathering in the background...  Nothing like some 'reverse' social engineering, that is, relying on someone else's social engineering activities to do all the attention grabbing, while you casually grab what you need.  ;D

Why do the work if someone else will do it for you, right???  <chuckle>
~ hayabusa ~ 

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

venom77

Post Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:10 pm

Haha, I had a pretty good laugh reading this thread :-)

Being that it was a little over two years ago, I have no idea what I was doing or whether I ever found an answer. There's a good chance I bought the Intelius report and it either A) told me what I needed or B) came back saying they couldn't find the info
Next

Return to Network Pen Testing