Call to Action: Security+ Survey

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:44 pm

Call to Action: Security+ Survey

Hey All,

Being a supporter and Subject Matter Expert for CompTIA's Security+ Certification, I need as many people as possible to take the survey below. This is the single best entry-level security credential, and this is your chance to help decide its direction.

CompTIA has just conducted a job task analysis (JTA) of the Security+ exam as part of the development of a revised exam for late 2008.  The next stage in exam development is a survey of security professionals. The purpose of the survey is to define the content for the revised CompTIA Security+ Exam by referencing tentative exam objectives derived from the JTA.

Participation only takes about 20 minutes, and upon completion you can enter your email address (if desired) for a drawing for one of two [glow=green,2,300]$100 American Express gift cards[/glow]. To access the survey, go to and select the link for “Take the survey now” in the box at the left.

Thanks everyone for doing your part,

Post Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:32 pm

Re: Call to Action: Security+ Survey

I'm glad I entered hope I win lol, but am glad they took the action to request important parts of the exam, because everyday is a different evolving issue in the IT world and in the security profession, and it also reinforces our new security professional. If I was asked to take revision 2008 I would do it all over same as if I was a Ethical Hacker or a Computer Forensic, Its like being a doctor . You have to know your stuff and be on top of the bad guys we all have a good and bad side so we have to watch ourself’s also anyway Don back to my studying that’s all I do lol...and its fun.  :D

Return to General Certification