I know there's a few posts in the forums here that talks about building a lab to practice security (ethical hacking). I've already read some of them.
in this post I just want to share with you the way I'm gonna build my lab, hopefully with your comments and maybe criticism I'll do best.
first here is a simple MAP:
by the way I know there is something called "Virtual Machine"
I tried it and its Okay
and here is Objectives that I want to achieve:
- Practice setting up Active Directory & DNS on the windows boxes.
- Practice setting up SAMBA on the Linux box.
- Get Snort and Ethereal and learn to monitor traffic.
- Practice tightening the kernel on Linux.
- Read up on the Windows services and see which ones you can disable w/o breaking authentication or replication.
- Set up VPN's and RAS in ALL of the Boxes and learn to harden them.
- Practice MONITORING SECURITY LOGS.
and more that I can't remember right now.
and also practicing to get Certifications like:
[CCNA or RHCE or MCSE, CEH, CPTE, OSWP and OSCP]
It might take some time to get all those, but it doesn't matter how long it will take. because I'm having fun right now and I don't want it to end