[Article]-EH-Net Exclusive: BackTrack 3 Teaser Video

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:03 pm

[Article]-EH-Net Exclusive: BackTrack 3 Teaser Video

We'll have to keep ourselves contained for at least a little while longer. Until then, take a look.

Permanent Link: [Article]-EH-Net Exclusive: BackTrack 3 Teaser Video

Most of you by now have heard of BackTrack, the highly popular and regarded Linux Security Distro for ethical hackers. Straight from the project's developers come this teaser video. With several examples of what the new version can do and a running time of 6:16, we hope to have you on the edge of your seat in anticipation.

Especially nice are the demos of the new features highlighting Offensive Security's Wireless Security Course, BackTrack WiFu, designed for penetration testers and security enthusiasts who need to learn to implement various active and passive Wireless (802.11 2.4 GHz) attacks. The course is based on the Wireless Attack Suite - Aircrack-ng. This is the second offering of an eventual triumvirate of classes to be offered by OffSec. The first is Offensive Security 101, followed by WiFu and then the eagerly awaited BackTrack to the Max. Should be a very educational 2008!

Be sure to give your feedback below.

Don
Last edited by don on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

sedated

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: [Article]-EH-Net Exclusive: BackTrack 3 Teaser Video

nice tease looking forward to testing it out
<<

venom77

Post Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:02 pm

I couldn't view it from where I'm at right now (old computer with bad graphics card), so I'll have to check it out when I get home :-\

I really want to know where he gets the sweet techno music from though. It's apparently key... all super hackers must hack while listening to awesome techno tracks ;D
<<

blackice2007

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:40 pm

What a great tools. Back|track still number one in the list so far. I cant wait to see what's new. 
Last edited by blackice2007 on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackIce don't melt!
=============================
C|EH, SSP-MPA, GHTQ, GCWN, SSP-GHD
<<

Kev

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:19 pm

Interesting. It looks like they are including their own version of the sidejacking tool called hamster from Errata Security.
<<

hackly66

Post Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:10 pm

Hi everyone excellent intro for backtrack Teaser I already want it thank you don for sharing that and the cool background music lol, by the way been very busy studying ethical hacking I feel its going to take me about a year or two to trully become a hacker but in a ethical one,hope all is well have not come back to the site for about a month been busy at home and work, but am doing fine, in my spare time I have been experimenting at home in a vmware enviroment using  server 2003 and two unpatched system and doing a lot of goolge searching towards scanning tools one I found was namp in different flavors meaning the gui vs cmd prompt I like nmap I found a cool tutorial guide at http://www.nmap-tutorial.com/pdf/nmap-tutorial.pdf very helpfull anyway hope all will benfit adios amigos.  ;D
A+,Net+,Sec+
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:52 pm

CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

oneeyedcarmen

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:04 am

Mentioned on Andrew Hay's website in his weekly "Suggested Blog Reading" feature.

EH-Net Exclusive: BackTrack 3 Teaser Video - Ummm….WOW!!!!
Reluctant CISSP, Certified ASS
<<

billy786

Post Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:54 am

Backtrack 3 beta is excellent it has more driver support. So if anyone is looking for a new pentesting enviroment even though backtrack 2 is in its beta stage i would recommend it as it runs smoothly and ive had no problems with it so far.

Any help needed just pm me ;)
<<

RoleReversal

Post Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:46 am

Billy786,

BackTrack 3 now has a stable release (EH-net forum discussion here)

I'd agree though, no major hardware issues yet. Personally I've enjoyed having a play with SAINT, which is now included as part of he backtrack offering.

<Edit>
Just noticed, 300th post, :D !......(I may need to get out more.....)
</Edit>
Last edited by RoleReversal on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to /root