Question about CEH content.

<<

Sudanese

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:29 pm

Question about CEH content.

in the CEH they do talk about using google and how hacker use it, but did they talked about using msn.com?

I'm just wondering.

-Sudanese
CCNA, CCNP, Network+ RHCE, RHCS
<<

Kev

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:43 am

Re: Question about CEH content.

I dont remember it being discussed much or even on the test. Perhaps the latest version gets into it.  But whether the CEH gets into it or not, google hacking is a fundamental  skill.
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:40 am

does msn.com do any fun tricks that google or yahoo dont?
<<

Sudanese

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:12 pm

Msn is the first tool used by hacker to check the domains and the sub-domains on the machine so they can find the best way to attack it. Now days there's a lot of programs doing this but it's all not giving the specific information you need, but Msn does.

-Sudanese
<<

Sudanese

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:17 pm

I'm a new user in your forum, I just finished ready almost all your topics in this forum in a week :). About the CEH I think I can't get it because of their stupid options (take the course or 2 years of hell). About this Msn issue I'm wondering if I can show how it's work in your forum. I don't know if it's gonna be ethically :).

-Sudanese
<<

Kev

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:45 pm

In my experience there is no comparison between google and msn.  Bill Gates himself is on record wanting google to change they way it spiders because of its very invasive nature.
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:45 pm

Sudanese wrote:I'm a new user in your forum, I just finished ready almost all your topics in this forum in a week :). About the CEH I think I can't get it because of their stupid options (take the course or 2 years of hell). About this Msn issue I'm wondering if I can show how it's work in your forum. I don't know if it's gonna be ethically :).

-Sudanese

hook it up, if you can find it on msn it cant be THAT unethical
<<

Sudanese

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:49 pm

What I want to say about using Msn is something simple but effective for hackers. For example when an attacker want to plan for attacking a website, the first thing need want to do is to index the webserver to see if there's any vulnerable scripts/programs/mods on the machine, then he is just going to use this to put his hand on the machine then start working.

However, it's work like this: Go and get the IP of the site or machine you want to attack, then go to http://www.msn.com. type the IP of the site/machine in the search bar and before the IP type "ip:" so it will be like this: ip:196.168.0.12 and see what I'm talking about.

Note1: Now you just indexed the webserver, but you can edit this search to get the scripts running by keywords or the programs installed in the machine even you can get the kernel version "for *nix OS".

Note2: This is helping script kiddies for sure :) but it's also should be covered in the CEH. To be a Certified Ethical Hacker means you must be aware of such methods, and thats in my opinion.

-Sudanese
-CCNA, CCNP, Network+ RHCE, RHCS
<<

Sudanese

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:52 pm

Kev wrote: I dont remember it being discussed much or even on the test. Perhaps the latest version gets into it.  But whether the CEH gets into it or not, google hacking is a fundamental  skill.

I agree with you, but if they want to make it a real certificate they must include everything used by hackers and crackers even and Google is great yahoo also have some tricks but I think Msn is helpful also "in my opinion" :).

Thanks for your opinion.
<<

venom77

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:12 am

Sudanese wrote:
Kev wrote: I dont remember it being discussed much or even on the test. Perhaps the latest version gets into it.  But whether the CEH gets into it or not, google hacking is a fundamental  skill.

I agree with you, but if they want to make it a real certificate they must include everything used by hackers and crackers even and Google is great yahoo also have some tricks but I think Msn is helpful also "in my opinion" :).

Thanks for your opinion.

It's not possible or practical to include everything used by hackers and crackers.
<<

Kev

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:40 am

Thats for sure!
<<

Sudanese

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:39 pm

They have to. Beside this is not a Trojans or Keyloggers method it's server indexing and it's almost like all other google's dorks.

Anyhow, I'm just was asking if it's discussed or no :).

Thanks for you all opinions guys and have a nice day all of you.

-Sudanese
-CCNA, CCNP, Network+ RHCE, RHCS
<<

amede0

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:17 am

hello all
just to see how powerfull google is, check the website and the book written by johnny long, it's the best document on google i've ever see

www.johnnyhackstuff.com
CCNA
<<

Negrita

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:02 pm

amade0 your link is broken. What you meant to post is this link; http://johnny.ihackstuff.com/
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Return to Opinions