EH-Net and Syngress publishing are working together to make the final book in the amazing Stealing the Network Series the best yet. Answer the questions below and don't be shy, because...
as judged by Syngress and EH-Net
will each win a pre-release copy of the book.
Dear Stealing the Network Reader:
We are currently writing the final book in the “Stealing” series, “Stealing the Network: How to Own a Shadow” by Johnny Long, Tim Mullen, and Ryan Russell. As a reader of one or more previous books in the series, we value your opinion and would greatly appreciate you providing our authors and editors with constructive criticism and commentary on the series as we develop the climactic finale.
1. How many books in the series have you read?
2. Which book is your favorite and why?
3. Are there books in the series you do not like (please explain)?
4. Do you prefer completely unrelated stories (How to Own the Box) or stories that are connected to the same plot (Hot to Own a Continent and How to Own an Identity)? Please explain why.
5. Do you think the level of technical detail is too low, too high, or just right for:
How to Own the Box?
How to Own a Continent?
How to Own an Identity?
6. After reading any book in the series, did you find yourself looking forward to another book? Why or why not?
7. Which chapter of all the books was your favorite and why?
8. Which chapter of all the books was your least favorite and why?
9. Are you more drawn to the characters, the plot, or are you just along for the tech?
10. What tech would you like to see covered?
11. Would you be interested in other tech fiction books or short stories?
12. Feel free to provide any other comment, suggestions, criticisms, etc.
We've talked w/ many readers of these books over the years and received lots of different opinions on what people have liked and not liked. We are now trying to quantify this as much as possible to help us develop this final book. These books are somewhat unique, so we've not had much of a roadmap to follow :-)
Vice President & Publisher