[Article]-EH-Net Presents BackTrack 2 with Metasploit 3 as a Virtual Appliance

<<

linus222

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:52 am

Re: [Article]-EH-Net Presents BackTrack 2 with Metasploit 3 as a Virtual Appliance

Havoc,
Have you tried it with 'VIRTUALBOX' . lt's a virtual machine like VM but it's free and has good recommendations.
l loaded most of my distros with it and they work fine, and every one was able to access the net - which l couldn't do from a hard install [configuration problems].
Here's a link:

http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
<<

havoc

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:42 am

Re: [Article]-EH-Net Presents BackTrack 2 with Metasploit 3 as a Virtual Applian

hi linus, thanks for your time to help me. i do have the full version of vmware workstation 6.so now i will try the link u gave me on virtual box. i appreciate the help. :) I have so much to learn and am anticipating becoming helpful to my community with my computer skills.feel free to e-mail me anytime. might be able to help u with something next. on to the link now,cant wait!
<<

linus222

Post Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:45 am

Re: [Article]-EH-Net Presents BackTrack 2 with Metasploit 3 as a Virtual Appliance

Thanx havoc.
There are some instuctional videos on the irongeek site which might help you with VM. You'll need an SWF player though.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=secu ... llustrated
<<

venom77

Post Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:31 am

Re: [Article]-EH-Net Presents BackTrack 2 with Metasploit 3 as a Virtual Applian

Or, if you learned how to use the search function of this forum, you might be able to find the solution to your Backtrack install question... maybe even a step-by-step guide or two.
<<

ziplock

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi Don,

It's cool to see this here, and was great to meet you in Vegas.  We're busy developing BT3 and with the offensive-security courses, but never too busy to pop in here to say hi.    Sorry I couldn't make it to Chicago-Con this time.

/z
ziplock@offensive-security.com
<<

Kev

Post Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Hey Ziplock!

It is cool to see this here and thanks for stopping by.  I enjoyed having lunch with you and Muts at the Blackhat conference.  I am sure everyone here is eager to see BT3 and best of luck with your courses.
<<

Big Bur

Post Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:11 am

Hey everyone,

I'm a newcomer to BT, and I was wondering:

"A few more lib fixes for old nasties in BT2 final" - such as?

Thanks
<<

humble

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:47 pm

gezus,i struggle for 3 days to install this beauty on my harddisk.i know is posible.i can feel it.i can even taste it.:)
someone did it already?
<<

LSOChris

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:19 pm

from the virtual appliance, i dont know.  download the iso if you want to install it to hard disk or do the right thing and build your own distro
<<

humble

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:55 pm

bt3 will be released soon,sooner that i can finish building my own distro,anyway eh release is splendid
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:38 pm

EH-Net's version of BT2 hits VMware's "User Favorites: Most Downloaded" List of Virtual Appliances:

http://www.vmware.com/appliances/

w00t!!

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

LSOChris

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:20 pm

yea!
<<

network3d

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:50 am

I've tried to download this the first two links several times, and I always get a corrupted or invalid archive when I try to extract the image. I'm using the 7z software from the link provided in the article. Is there another site that has the BT2 archive in a valid image format?
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:16 pm

CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Negrita

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:08 pm

Am I the only one to notice that there are no man pages? Is this by design or is it a bug. The file /usr/lib/man.conf says the binary should be found in /usr/local/bin/man yet this has been commented out and there is no man binary found there (or anywhere for that matter).

I'm sure that on the regular BT2 Final iso man pages were enabled. (I confess I haven't used my BT2 Final disk since this VMware version came out). I'll check this tommorow when I have more time.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Previous

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net