Risk Management Consultant
The Risk Management Consultant designs information security architecture utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. This professional defines complex architectural information security solutions to address business needs. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of the client area's applications, functions and systems. The incumbent must be competent to work at a high technical level of all phases of architectural design and implementation.
• Lead the design and construction of architectural information security solutions to facilitate the implementation of appropriate security measures into SecureState’s systems and products.
• Conduct the development, testing and implementation of security plans, products, and control techniques.
• Provide clients, management and staff members with a high level of technical expertise and support in risk assessment and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products.
• Maintain an awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups as well as State and Federal legislation and regulations pertaining to information security. Communicate relevant information to appropriate management.
• Identify regulatory changes that will affect information security policy, standards, and procedures, and recommend appropriate changes.
• Provide assistance and training to information security architecture staff members.
• Lead the monitoring and evaluation of systems and procedures to protect the data systems and databases from unauthorized users.
• Identify and determine causes of security violations and recommend corrective actions to ensure data security.
• Implement changes to procedures and systems to enhance data systems security.
• Communicate security procedures to users.
• Provide security-related data to the technology budget process.
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience; advanced degree preferred.
• Approximately 5-7 years of experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols.
• Certifications such as CISA, CISSP, PMP
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and project management skills.
• Strong judgment and analytical ability.
• Ability to work effectively with clients, management, staff members, vendors, and consultants.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
NOTE: All SecureState consultants are required to pass a professional background investigation prior to hire, including but not exclusive to verifying positions held and compensation. Upon hire, all consultants may be subject to a Department of Defense background investigation for government clearance and should anticipate the ability to pass as well.
To apply, please forward resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.