Required Study Materisl for CEHv.5

<<

manju_salian

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:24 am

Required Study Materisl for CEHv.5

Hi,
  I am preparing for CEH certifications. Can anyone upload the latest studymaterials.
<<

boney

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:57 am

Re: Required Study Materisl for CEHv.5

Hi,

well regaridng the upload of the study material, u shouldnt ask it here. as this is a forum for hackers !

And reproducing the original content of ECCouncil is against the law.

If u need any help regarding any problems in CEH, feel free to ask.

Have you started the course ?
C|EH

All my life I wanted a computer...
Now I want my life back !
<<

manju_salian

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:57 am

Hi, Boney,
              I had not started the course but before joining i want to upgrade myself. Kindly suggest me how i should start and how i need to take from here. can you suggest any sites for referring the same.

<<

boney

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:15 am

C|EH

All my life I wanted a computer...
Now I want my life back !
<<

hackly66

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:46 pm

For anyone studying the Ethical Hacker I'am study through this guide and its free - :)
http://www.cramsession.com/certificatio ... guides.asp

Good Luck everyone!
A+,Net+,Sec+
<<

hitechpo

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:31 pm

Along with getting the official curriculum from EC-Council, you could supplement your studies with the C-EH Exam Cram by Michael Gregg.  I passed the CEHv5.0 exam a few weeks back and I thought this was a good reference.

Good Luck!
CISSP, CEH, NSA-IAM/NSA-IEM, MCSE, A+
<<

hackly66

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:00 pm

Hi everyone I just placed an order on this book: Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Prep 2 By Michael C. Gregg
I been hearing a lot of great reviews about this book, question for all I will be setting up VMware workstation lab and planning to install as host XP and Vista on a desktop, should I patch them and install antivirus on this two host, or leave them both unpatched ??? if anyone please I would appreciated it thank you.

PS if anyone has a gmail account could purchase this book through buy.com with google check out for $22 bucks sweet ;D
A+,Net+,Sec+
<<

LSOChris

Post Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:27 pm

there isnt much in the way of exploits for vista, you'd be better off trading vista for win2k server if you can get an iso
<<

EmanoN

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:03 am

boney wrote:u shouldnt ask it here. as this is a forum for hackers !

Boney, Boney.    Actually this is a site for IT professionals looking to acquire another certification which possibly might help their career.  Some might actually learn the material and others might just take a short cut from a "brain dump" and memorize answers in order to acquire that all important cert. 
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:13 am

EmanoN wrote:
boney wrote:u shouldnt ask it here. as this is a forum for hackers !

Boney, Boney.    Actually this is a site for IT professionals looking to acquire another certification which possibly might help their career.  Some might actually learn the material and others might just take a short cut from a "brain dump" and memorize answers in order to acquire that all important cert. 

as a new person here, i wouldnt presume to know what everyone's skill level and intentions  were without hanging out for a bit.  if you are unhappy with questions and participation, you're free to move on somewhere else.
<<

EmanoN

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:24 am

What? Did I post something not true? Isnt this a place for people going after certs? I dont presume and I am basing my opinion from the posts I have read. Not sure what else I can go by because I broke my crystal ball a few weeks ago. Dont take offense dude.

I dont mean to step on your toes and I was hoping this was an open forum to discuss opinions and ideas rather than nicely being asked to leave or perhaps my posts deleted.
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:24 pm

EmanoN wrote:What? Did I post something not true? Isnt this a place for people going after certs? I dont presume and I am basing my opinion from the posts I have read. Not sure what else I can go by because I broke my crystal ball a few weeks ago. Dont take offense dude.

I dont mean to step on your toes and I was hoping this was an open forum to discuss opinions and ideas rather than nicely being asked to leave or perhaps my posts deleted.

i'd be happy for you to do what you listed in the 2nd paragraph.  feel free to discuss opinion and ideas, if the technical level of the posts isnt to your liking, ask some good questions or create some posts about things you would like to discuss. trolling doesnt do anyone any good.
<<

EmanoN

Post Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:16 pm

ChrisG wrote:i'd be happy for you to do what you listed in the 2nd paragraph. 

Ok I will try and only post things I think will make you happy.  ::)
<<

shadowsecho

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:21 pm

I used ec-council's study guide..can't think of the name atm though :(
MCSA:Security, C|EH, OSCP, A+, Security+

Return to General Certification