Backtrack ( Formerly known as Auditor ) is supposedly out on 5th Feb

get it @ www.remote-exploit.org and send a donation via paypal
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:46 am

Re: Backtrack

The project will be the joining of Auditor and Whax, a bootable Linux distro. From what I understand, the beta will be released on the date you mention.

Good news for Auditor fans is that EH-Net's own columnist Justin Peltier will be working with Max Moser to do a continuing series for 2006 on Backtrack. Each month we will feature sets of tools that come built into Backtrack and how they can be used to accomplish particular goals such as pen testing, forensics, footprinting, etc.

I'm excited and can't wait to start publishing them.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

negseven

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:53 pm

Great news Don , the Quality of this site is getting impressive!

Neg7
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:54 pm

Many thanks. I'm going according to the theory that if you build it, they will come. So far so good with page views of the content. Hopefully in the near future that translates into forum participation. That way the number of posts won't be dominated by me, and that new members start contributing like you are. Then all we need is for more and more members to join as the word gets out.

On a side note, I was a little disappointed with the current poll results. It basically says the main reason for most people come here is for the content but not many have participation and experience sharing as their top priority. I'll keep hope that is was many people's second choice. ;)

Either way, I'm in it for the long haul. ;D

We'll see...

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME

Return to Tools