Help me.! What to do First?

<<

nish

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:04 am

Help me.! What to do First?

I have many friends in the networking and programming feilds. But still I'm confused myself.

I would like to do the challenging job in this field.

As i am new in this field,I would really appreciate some knowledge on the subject of deciding which path to go towards along with what Certs. 

I have completed my Engineering in (Information Technology)..and currently working as a Technical Support Engineer.

-Nish
<<

venom77

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:52 am

Re: Help me.! What to do First?

Guess I'm a little confused on what exactly you want to pursue. You mention friends in networking and programming, but you're at a security related website.

What IT field do you want to get into? Networking? Programming? Security?
<<

oasis_inin

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:29 pm

Nish....

If you are interested in Security then I'll suggest to start with CompTIA Security +. This one is considered as the starting point to get into security field. Once you are done with this then you have many options open to you depending on your specific interest.

For Networking, CCNA/MCP is your starting point and then later on you can proceed to various fileds like Designing, Security or Administration of networks......again that depends on your interest.

I'll suggest you to go through various job sites and have an idea whats there in demand in your local job market and then plan and go ahead with your choice. You are already done your Engineering in IT, compliment it with some certifications and you can make a good money for you.

Hope this helps :)
CISSP, MCSE Sec, Security +
studying for C|EH
<<

boney

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:28 am

Whr are u working as tech support engineer
C|EH

All my life I wanted a computer...
Now I want my life back !
<<

p0et

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:17 pm

Boney, perhaps it's due to his location and what's available in IT?  I know people with their Masters and Ph.D's in Comp Sci who can only find Tech Support jobs in my city that I just moved away from. 

Nish,

If you're into Networking, I'd second the suggestion on going with the CCNA but firstly I'd do the Network+.  Also for any specialization that you get into, I'd start with the good ol' A+ that many HR ppl look at. That again may just be what they do in my area. (Western Canada)
GCIH, Security+, Network+, A+, MCP, DCSE

Return to General Certification