I passed my CEH last week saturday

<<

avwaard

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:17 am

I passed my CEH last week saturday

Hello forum memers / visitors.

I passed my CEH exam on the 11th of august immediately after a full week of training by a certified learning center here in the Netherlands. The exam gave me 4 hours and I had about 10 minutes left when I hit the "end exam" button.
My passing score was 78.3% and this was a very difficult exam. I am now going for another training in October for ECSA followed by an exam afterwards.

Where can I find some examprep material? I'd like to have some idea of what sort of questions to expect. B.t.w. I am working as a system/network administrator for the Dutch government and I like my job a lot. We are dealing with network security and I find the CEH track very usefull.

Regards,

Ton van Waard
<<

jimbob

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:00 am

Re: I passed my CEH last week saturday

May I be the first to congratulate you on passing you CEH exam and welcome you to ethicalhacker.net. The more people who gain this certification the wider it will be recognised and I hope it sets you in good stead for a career as an ethical hacker. Well done!

Regards,
Jimbob
<<

venom77

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:12 am

Hi avwaard,

Welcome to EH-Net and Congrats on passing  your CEH!

The quick answer to your question, is that there is none. The only way (currently) to study for ECSA is via the courseware. There are no test objectives posted (like there are for CEH) so you're kind of in the dark as to what is on the test. If you have the official EC-Council courseware, read through it. If not, you could use the CEH courseware and official review guide. The ECSA is more of an "extension" to the CEH exam in my opinion. It's mostly the same type of questions and you probably won't have too much trouble with it, just as long as you study up on your stuff.

Good luck
<<

avwaard

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:41 am

jimbob,

Thanks for your reply. I had to sweat a lot for this one but I learned a lot and we take hacking very seriously overhere. We have 2 ethical hackers now in our sysadmin group and regularly there are audits by professional white hat hackers.

I'll stick around this forum and welcome any advise all of you may have.

BillV,

Thank you too for your response, the courseware it will be then. I have no objections to the courseware other then that is is kind of a hassle to find what you are looking for as a proper index is not in there. The Sybex book I got from my teacher is a lot more easier to browse. The courseware for ECSA will come any day now so I can study in advance. We had a good teacher for the CEH training and we will have the same one for our ECSA so my expectations are high. My ECSA course will be a bootcamp like the CEH was last week, including hotel and all that. The teacher then gave us homework to do in the evening and our group of 5 benefited from that greatly, we all passed. Now I hope the other 4 guys also come for the follow-up training.

OK, have a nice weekend, talk to you again later.

Regards,

avwaard
<<

venom77

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:35 am

You're welcome and good luck with ECSA :)
<<

morpheus063

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:23 pm

Hi avwaard,

Welcome to EH-Net and congratulations for your new certification. Wishing you all the best for you ECSA.

Happy Learning
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

manju_salian

Post Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:28 am

Congratulations! and all the best for ECSA
<<

p0et

Post Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:12 pm

Congrats, Ton van Waard on passing the CEH!

I hope the training for the ECSA is just as helpful.
GCIH, Security+, Network+, A+, MCP, DCSE
<<

shadowsecho

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:26 pm

I too, just passed the C|EH...took it friday the 28th. I also am going to go for the ECSA boot camp, and I can tell you that what I am doing is going back over my OSCP training material. You can find out what the test entails, so just try to learn as much as you can from that.

I hear that the ECSA is just receiving a certificate that you took the class...in preperation for your LPT test...which I also hear is an "actual" test, like the OSCP was. Does anyone have the ECSA and can clear this up?
MCSA:Security, C|EH, OSCP, A+, Security+
<<

venom77

Post Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:25 pm

shadowsecho wrote:I too, just passed the C|EH...took it friday the 28th. I also am going to go for the ECSA boot camp, and I can tell you that what I am doing is going back over my OSCP training material. You can find out what the test entails, so just try to learn as much as you can from that.

I hear that the ECSA is just receiving a certificate that you took the class...in preperation for your LPT test...which I also hear is an "actual" test, like the OSCP was. Does anyone have the ECSA and can clear this up?

As of right now, the ECSA is a certification earned by passing the ECSA exam. Just as with the CEH, you'll receive a 'certificate of attendance' for taking the class.

The LPT does not have a test, but this will be changing Jan. '08 (you will need to pass a 'practical' assignment). You may apply for the LPT once you have earned your CEH and ECSA. You can see what all you need to include in the LPT application here (pdf).

Hope that helps clear it up. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask :)

Return to General Certification