don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:12 pm

ToorCon 9

ToorCon
October 19 - 21, 2007
San Diego Convention Center

ToorCon, now in its 9th year running, is San Diego's hacker conference bringing together the top security experts to present their new tricks of the trade and have fun in the sunny and beautiful city of San Diego. This year ToorCon will be taking place again at the Convention Center on October 19th-21st, 2007.

http://www.toorcon.org

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:42 am

Re: ToorCon 9

This one's just about 2 weeks away. Any going? Anyone have thoughts of previous events?

If you're on the fence and can't decide, just do it. All events like this need to be supported or they'll just go away. This will be at least the 4th event (besides ours) that we have supported this year. It's our ittle way of giving back to the community that gave to us. So even if it's small, please throw your support at this or any other security event.

OK... I'm off my soap box.

Have fun,
Don
<<

LSOChris

Post Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:29 am

Joe and I are teaching a workshop on the 18th. 

http://www.toorcon.org/2007/workshops.php

dont know if we will be sticking around all weekend, even though it looks like a good lineup.
<<

zer0

Post Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:43 pm

I highly recommend attending Toorcon as one of the top hacking conference. This Con is situated in warm south California with exceedingly respected speakers in the field of security. Check out the speaker list.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:26 am

In a continuing effort to support the security community, EH-Net is sponsoring ToorCon 9. To be sure that you stay for the whole event, alcohol on Sunday night is on us.

Enjoy and be sure to share your thoughts during the con with the EH-Net community.

Eat, Drink and Be Merry,
Don

PS - Good luck Chris and Joe on your workshop.
<<

LSOChris

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:36 pm

thanks Don!

the talk went well, we maxed out the attendance, and we got some good feedback.

-Chris
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:39 pm

Good to hear. Can you tell us more about it? Details, young man. We want details.

Don
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:47 pm

Here is the blurb from the toorcon site:

This course will start with the basics of pen-testing methodology covering Footprinting, Scanning, Enumeration, and Exploitation which will cover attacking Web Apps, Buffer Overflows, and will set you loose on a set of rootwars challenge servers. The course will come with a complementary USB Harddrive loaded with an attack VM and challenge VM images for you to play with so you can continue to hone your skills and learn new techniques even after the course is finished. Attendees will walk away with a working knowledge of how to pen-test a network, all of the basic tools needed, and a set of exercises that they can use to improve their skills.

We basically covered the basics, with a real spin on what (mostly Joe) sees on assessments.  we set up a LAN with a bunch of vulnerable images, gave them a linux attack host and some labs and let them go at it.  they also got a hard drive with all the images, labs, all the tools, and extra reading.

i thought it went pretty well.  too bad i didnt go to the con, sigh, next year though :-)

Return to Calendar Of Events