CISSP

<<

oneeyedcarmen

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:20 pm

CISSP

Start my bootcamp Monday, followed by the exam next Sunday.  Wish me luck, I've been reading my butt off trying to prep for this thing.
Reluctant CISSP, Certified ASS
<<

blackazarro

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:26 pm

Re: CISSP

Good luck man, you'll do fine. I'll see if I can take this exam next here. I'll appreciate if you can provide feedback on your experience on studying and taking the exam.
Security+, OSCP, CEH
<<

boney

Post Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:34 pm

All the best to u man.
if u can share the questions...
C|EH

All my life I wanted a computer...
Now I want my life back !
<<

oneeyedcarmen

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:06 am

So, all last week I was in Virginia for a CISSP bootcamp with Vigilar Intense School.  Six 14 hour days later, I sat for the exam.

My instructor was Larry Greenblatt, someone endorsed by Clement Dupois, and rightly so.  Larry was by far the best instructor I've ever had.  I highly recommend that anyone with the opportunity to meet him do so.  (Check out his web-site)

I won't know for another week or two how I did on the exam, so I'm just trying to relax now that it's over.  One thing is for certain, though.  Pass or not, I've gained an immesurable amount of knowledge to take with me in my career.

Thanks to Larry.

p.s. - boney, this is the "Ethical Hacker" site, and it would be less than ethical for me to post any of the exam questions.  Besides, they say that there is a rotating pool of approx. 7000 questions anyway.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:23 am

I know how you feel. You're relieved it's over, but you're probably jumping out of your skin waiting for the results. After I did the exam, every email that came to my inbox made me jump until I heard the good news.

Thanks for making the point about sharing questions. Not only is this the "Ethical" Hacker Network, but also you would immediately lose your CISSP even before you attained it if you did such a thing.

Good luck,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

oneeyedcarmen

Post Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:22 am

Just got my results, and....I PASSED!!!

Thanks to all of you guys, Joe McCray, and Larry Greenblatt!

I'm now officially an Associate of (ISC)2, just about 6 months shy of the experience requirement for full CISSP accreditation!
<<

venom77

Post Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:46 am

Awesome! That's really great, Congrats!!! :)
<<

morpheus063

Post Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:28 pm

Congrats - Great Work - Keep going - So whats next???????
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:40 pm

Well done.  ;D

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

oneeyedcarmen

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:42 am

Manu Zacharia - aka - The Morpheus wrote:Congrats - Great Work - Keep going - So whats next???????

Next is taking a much needed break.  ;D

I got the wife pretty good last night.  She walked in the front door, and I told her "Baby, I got some bad news."  She just looked at me, sighed and said, "Oh, no"

"The bad news," I told her, "is that I spent way too much money on this bottle of champagne to celebrate that I PASSED THE CISSP EXAM!!!"
<<

boney

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:33 am

Cheers mates !

1eyedcarmen  ;)

what bout the questions ?
Can u share the questions with us ?
C|EH

All my life I wanted a computer...
Now I want my life back !
<<

oneeyedcarmen

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:36 am

Sorry, Boney.

As I stated the last time you asked, this is the [glow=red,2,300]ETHICAL[/glow] hacking community.

In addition, the (ISC)2 code of ethics prohibits me from doing so.  I worked very hard to pass this exam and have no intention of jeopardizing the fruits of my labors.  Plus, giving out the questions immediately lowers the value of the certification.

So, Boney, start reading.  Read the Shon Harris All-In-One, the (ISC)2 Official Guide to the CBK, and anything else you can get your hands on.  I studied for almost a year for this thing, then took a boot camp, and still didn't know how I did when I walked out of there.

I worked hard, why shouldn't you?
<<

morpheus063

Post Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:37 am

I too agree,

The point is not gaining a number of certification. The real value is in the knowledge that you posses and it can be achieved only by hardworking. There is no shortcut for hard work.

Happy Learning.
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n
<<

mcLays

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:43 am

It's true that very soon for CISSP would be necessary 5years working experience?

mc
<<

blackazarro

Post Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:18 pm

Yes...

Note: Effective 1 October 2007, professional work experience requirements for the CISSP® will increase from four to five years, and direct full-time security professional work experience will be required in two or more of the ten CISSP® CBK® domains. A new endorsement policy will also be in effect, requiring anyone who passes a CISSP, CAP®, or SSCP®exam to have their qualifications endorsed by another (ISC)² credential holder. These changes will not affect those who sit for an examination on or before 30 September 2007.

For more info:

https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?category=539

If I had the money, I would definitely go to ChicagoCon and take the CISSP course and exam before this becomes effective in Oct.
Security+, OSCP, CEH
Next

Return to General Certification