Security Operations Analyst
Located in Providence, RI
This position manages customer Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Devices and Authentication Services within VeriSign's Managed Security Services division. VeriSign MSS supports a number of well established Fortune 500 and global enterprise customers.
You will be working in an operations center environment with other security and networking professionals and will be responsible for addressing emails, making firewall rule changes, and working with customers troubleshooting network and security related issues.
Analysts are required to answer inbound calls and emails from technical customers (Network Administrators/Application Owners), authenticate callers, create tickets for all work, and address the customer’s request or issue.
The requirements for a Security Analyst I position include previous experience in networking, system administration or firewall management. Ideal candidates have familiarity with supporting production servers or networks and have a passion and interest for technology as well as desire to learn more about security related platforms and infrastructure.
Within 6-12 months you will be exposed to and become competent with at least three firewall platforms and a multitude of real world troubleshooting scenarios. The work is fast paced and challenging but you will learn a vast amount of network security and practical understanding in a short amount of time.
Open positions at this time are 2nd (4pm-12:30am) and 3rd shift (12am-8:30am) and shifts include working one weekend day a week. (Sunday-Thursday) or (Tuesday-Saturday)
Extra consideration is considered for candidates who have a more flexible schedule.
Desired Skill Set
Preferred candidates would have some or all of the following experience. Additional technical experience outside what is listed may be factored in as a consideration for employment.
• Experience with a variety of operating system experience, Windows/Linux/Unix in a functional capacity.
• Networking experience and understanding in the following:
o Basic routing principles and networking fundamentals
o Well known protocols and services
o Command line interfaces
• Security/Firewall experience with one or more firewall platforms
o Cisco PIX
o Juniper NetScreen
• Snort, Sourcefire, Intrushield
• Strong ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, good problem solver
• Well spoken and articulate, with good writing abilities. Must be able to communicate technical details a clear, understandable manor
• Customer orientated, strong interest in a satisfied client
• Self starter, with a strong interest in technology and a desire to learn and grow in the Networking/Security field.
• The ability to pick new technology or concepts up very quickly[/li][/list]
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our recruiting specialists will review your work background and other qualifications against our current job openings. If there appears to be a suitable match, you will be contacted to further explore your qualifications.