trained CEHv4 modules but passed CEHv5 EXAM..... ;D

<<

lelakimipa

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:54 am

trained CEHv4 modules but passed CEHv5 EXAM..... ;D

hi all, im newbie member...
i've just passed the CEHv5, though i've been trained with CEHv4 modules before...

5 days i always slept lately at midnight  trying to pass the CEHv4 virtual exam.
this day i passed it, only me in the EXAM room with two computer arround and CCTV Camera on the corner of the room.

i felt so confident to pass the exam, but i got shocked when i read on the list of the online exams, there were no CEHv4.... :o
i tried to confirm it with the person in charge for assist me, she got confused too and shock with the exam..

but any way i've paid it with my own money, so the life must go on....

i got 150 questions, and must be done in 4 hours.....

for 2 and a half hours, i've done all questions but 55 questions were marked, and need to reviewed again...

many questions were different with CEHv4 virtual EXAM....fyuhhhh :-[, i really got stuck....

but any way...i spent my one and half hour reviewed those questions...

finally i can pass that exam and can go to the rest room, u know for 4 hours i can't go to the rest room during taking exam in the cold low temperature room....

my trainer and his assistant shake my hand and said "unbelieveble u can pass that exam", because we got shocked with the version of the exam....

anyway thanks for EH[dot]Net, many things i've learnt.
im still newbie, need learn more and need assistance from all senior ethical hackers members....

glad to meet you all.....may the source be with you...... :)

regards,
<<

venom77

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Re: trained CEHv4 modules but passed CEHv5 EXAM..... ;D

Congratulations on achieving your CEH! And welcome to EH-Net :)
<<

lelakimipa

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:29 pm

thank you for ur warm welcome, im looking forward much knowledge from this forum, and nice discussion....  :)
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:25 pm

Well done and welcome to EH-Net.

Since you passed the CEH v5 exam with only v4 study materials, can you share with us the topics (not the exact questions) that were covered that you were not totally prepared to see? What pracical experience do you have in IT and/or security? You must have some if you were able to pass without preparation?

Thanks and we look forward to your continued participation,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

boney

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:30 pm

Congratulations man.

Well done.  Well I have the same things to say as Don.

It'll be helpful for others if you share the experience as in the types of questions or scenarios. Congrats again.

Cheers !!!
C|EH

All my life I wanted a computer...
Now I want my life back !
<<

lelakimipa

Post Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:45 pm

first of all, i'm glad that i can contribute in here.
i'm just employe who work not in IT company.
but i'm work in IT dept, as infrastructure & tech support engineer (since 2005 - now).
i'm not expert and i'm still in studying and observing of IT security.
i've learnt linux more than 5 years (but still not expert) since i was in college(computer science major).
some of my knowledge learnt by my self, but my basic network experience is Networking Essential & TCP/IP training.

my first hacking activity begin on 2002, when many vulnerabilities buffer overflow found on most of linux OS, i've leartn hacking buffer overflow in 3 months. (but actually i never know that through my all hacking activity, i've passed step by step the Hacking method)

for preparation, i've got the training CEHv4, 5 days before the EXAM. coz on the day sixth i took the exam (yesterday).
i also have the virtual exam of CEH v4, every days during the 5 days.

basicly the CEHv5 exam doesn't have much differences.
the methodology hacking, security and all of IT security (all modules CEHv4) were still issued in CEHv5 exam.
some of the questions were still taken from CEHv4 or modified more details, but i've got some new questions maybe 3 or 5 questions were not from CEHv4 modules.
may be those questions taken from new additional modules in CEHv5.

but anyway, my suggestion, in preparing CEHv5 exam, still learning the basic of hacking, methodology, network essential, and many things in CEHv4 modules if the CEHv5 modules not issued yet in your country(like me in indonesia).

thank you......Don and Boney.

good luck for any person who wanna take the exam...

regards,
"may the source be with you".....
Last edited by lelakimipa on Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

jimbob

Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:21 am

Congratulations in passing the exam, I hope the CEH qualification does you well. It's interesting to note that you were forced to sit the V5 exam, did the exam center give any indication as to which version was available? If they do not you should let them know, they may change how they publicise their exams.

Regards,
Jim
<<

lelakimipa

Post Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:54 am

thank you jim, well for information the trainer and the exam centre didn't know that the CEDH exam version already update.

i already told them about this matter, and they really pay attention for this...

regards,

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker