EH-Net/LSO Beercall: Tweener Party for Black Hat & DefCon

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:08 pm

EH-Net/LSO Beercall: Tweener Party for Black Hat & DefCon

Party on us in Vegas, Baby!!

Well... it's official. Not only is EH-Net sponsoring Black Hat this year, but we're also inviting you to join us with www.learnsecurityonline.com for our first of what will hopefully be many such "Meet and Greets."

When: Thurs evening, Aug 2, 2007 at 8:00
Where: Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas
Why: First beer is on us! Oh yeah, and there'll be some pretty cool folks from the security community there as well.

So if you're looking for something to do between Black Hat and DefCon, want to meet face-to-face with some of the coolest people in InfoSec, and get some free beer... you better be there!

Feel free to post in this forum to let everyone know you're going, but we do need you to RSVP with EH-Net columnist, Chris Gates, so we can plan accordingly.

See you there,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:28 pm

Re: EH-Net/LSO Beercall: Tweener Party for Black Hat & DefCon

Great response so far on our little get-together. Seems like people don't need incentives greater than free beer!!

Most of you I only know from this site, email, or by phone. This is a great field and time to do business as we have the luxury of not having to travel. It's great on the pocket book and family life, but we also lose a lot of face time. I miss that and can't wait to meet everyone in the flesh in Vegas.

I'm pumped,
Don
<<

LSOChris

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:22 am

i'm excited too.

i'm really excited because i've gotten some really good RSVPs  ;)
<<

slimjim100

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:40 pm

I will be there :) can't miss a free beer!

Brian

aka Slimjim100
CISSP, CCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Network+, Security+, JNCIA, & MCP
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:49 pm

This is right around the corner, and we need a head count. Did you RSVP with Chris? If not, please do so.

Can't wait to finally meet some of you in person. Good thing I just got a hair cut. I have to look at least a little respectable. :o

See you in Vegas.

Don
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:46 pm

Thanks to everyone who showed up. I was a little nervous about turnout as there were several other events going on the same night such as M$'s Black Hat Party, DefCon's Toxic BBQ as well as a similar event thrown by the guys from BackTrack (Hey Muts and Ziplock - Next year, let's combine).

But to my amazement, we had a good 40+ people including some EH-Netters like Brian Wilson, Black Hat ticket winner Kev, and more, Chris, Joe and friends from LSO, some Navy and Army Red Teams (I could tell you their names, but then I'd have to kill you), Skoudis and some of the Intelguardians crew, et al.

We'll push harder for the back room next year. Although there was plenty of food, drink and fun, there was also an excess of noise from the German band playing the Chicken Dance.  :-\

All in all, we had a blast and it led to many after hours parties... what happens in Vegas...  :-X

Huge shoutout to Chris Gates for helping organize, Joe from LSO for co-sponsoring and all who attended. Reply to this thread if you want your name(s) known.

Don

PS - Should we make this an annual event? Same place just in the back room? Same night?
Last edited by don on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Kev

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Yes, lets plan on that!
<<

Kev

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:35 pm

Oh and when they say "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas", I am sure they are referring to your money, LOL!

Return to Calendar Of Events