Sept 17 - 23, 2007
White Hats Come Together in Defense of the Digital Frontier
ChicagoCon is poised to become the premier security event in the industry by bringing together the biggest names in education and certification under one roof for a week of security training like no other. In the city of broad shoulders, we plan to not only work hard in class and during the evening presentations but also play hard in the hacker contests and final blowout celebration. And when all is said and done, your career will be leaps and bounds ahead of where it currently is.
With boot-camp style classroom training, ChicagoCon will host 11 classes featuring a cross-section of the security landscape. From the novice, to the ultimate techie to those reaching for the CISO chair... everyone interested in a career in security will find something at ChicagoCon, your one-stop shop for security training and certification.
Each morning we will start the day with a continental breakfast and morning keynote. Class starts promptly at 9:00 AM. Lunch is at 12:30 followed by an afternoon of more classroom time. After a short evening break, review sessions will complete your classroom activities for the day... Then the fun starts.
With dinner being provided most nights at the event, you will move right into evening presentations. Starting with the Softcore Sessions, we'll cover topics such as career advancement and policy discussions. Then we'll move into the Hardcore Sessions with hacking demonstrations and in-depth technical discussions.
Better get to bed in the optional hotel room package to do it all over again the next day. We highly recommend, even though you may be a local attendee, to stay at one of the host hotels. Eliminating all outside distractions will help you concentrate on your studies and advancing your career.
- John C. Dvorak, Columnist, Author, Editor
- Steve Hunt, Industry Analyst, Blogger
- Lance Spitzner, Honeynet Project
- Doug Steelman, DoD
- Vincent Weafer, Symantec
The Softcore and Hardcore Sessions will feature a combination of ChicagoCon instructors, EH-Net columnists, friends and sponsors.
It's been brought to my attention that anyone can put on a boot camp, but it's the instructors that make all the difference in the world. For that reason, we chose to partner with some of the top training providers. Each partner is also offering discounts to their normal prices for ChicagoCon attendees.
- The Training Camp - Global provider of training that has been awarded by (ISC)2, EC-Council, Redmond Magazine, SC Magazine, Windows IT Mag, and more.
- The InfoSec Institute - Highly regarded in the industry with such quality instructors as Jack Koziol, the InfoSec Inst has Microsoft, the CIA, DoD and many others on its roster of clients.
Together we have assembled an impressive list of Instructors and Presenters to bring you the following classes:
- PMP/CAPM - Project Management
- CISSP (7-Day) - Exam to be held onsite!
- Ethical Hacking Fundamentals (Network+/Security+)
- CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate
- CEH (CNDA) - Certified Ethical Hacker
- CHFI - Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator
- SNPA - Cisco PIX / ASA
- CEPT - Certified Expert Penetration Tester
- Web Application Hacking
With a plush 180-seat auditorium, 10 additional classrooms with computers, whiteboards and projectors, as well as meeting space and lounge areas for the students to eat, relax and network with colleagues, ChicagoCon 2007 is proud to select MicroTrain as the venue for our premier security event.
720 E. Butterfield Rd. Suite 100
Lombard, IL 60148
Contact: Mamta Nanavaty x204
For more information, go to www.chicagocon.com. Feel free to PM me directly with any questions, concerns or suggestions.