[Article]-June 2007 Free Giveaway Sponsor - Black Hat

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:34 am

[Article]-June 2007 Free Giveaway Sponsor - Black Hat

How's this for a prize? I'm pretty excited about it myself. Not only will I be attending this event this year, but one of you lucky members will be joining us. Of course you have to get there, but once you do that, here's your ticket to get in.

Take advantage of this opportunity by participating in the forums!

Permanent Link: [Article]-June 2007 Free Giveaway Sponsor - Black Hat

Win Passport Admission to Black Hat Worth $1595!!

Attend Black Hat USA on us, EH-Net. Yes... you read that right. This month we are proud to have worked a deal with the staff of the venerable hacking event to get one of you lucky EH-Net members Passport Admission to the world's premier technical event for ICT security experts August 1 - 2 in Las Vegas. Featuring 30 hands-on training courses and 90 Briefings presentations with lots of new content and new tools. Network with 4,000 delegates from 70 nations. Visit product displays by 30 top sponsors in a relaxed setting including industry leaders Microsoft, Cisco, Google and several companies launching at Black Hat including Diamond sponsor Red Lambda. Briefings tracks include many new topics plus the always popular ones including Rootkits, Zero Day Attacks/Defenses, Forensics, Reverse Engineering, Deep Knowledge and Turbo Talks. This should be a great incentive to really get those forums hopping with participation. Good luck as I assume competition for this prize will be fierce!

We'd also like to thank Black Hat for throwing support our way as we launch our own week-long security event, ChicagoCon 2007, to start Sept 17. They are a rare organization indeed and deserve our full support.

Participation is the ONLY way to win. Start a thread that sparks lots of interest; share thoughts and experiences; help a newbie... quality is more important than quantity.

Only members are eligible!
Registration Is FREE!

Good luck and see you in Vegas!
Don
Last edited by don on Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

slimjim100

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:28 am

Re: [Article]-June 2007 Free Giveaway Sponsor - Black Hat

This is an awesome deal and I hope it motivates others to get more involved. Thanks Don for all you do for this community!

Brian
CISSP, CCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Network+, Security+, JNCIA, & MCP
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:38 am

Always glad to give as you are with your charitable work.

Just for clarification, the Passport Admission is for the Briefings only and includes all activities for the two day Briefings on August 1 & 2 — sessions (80), materials, breaks, receptions, luncheons, access to 30 sponsor displays.  It does not include Defcon (which follows Black Hat and conference admission is usually $100) or Training (which precedes the Briefings).

Don
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:46 pm

Here's a chance for all of you to give back to EH-Net. Digg this story:

http://www.digg.com/security/Attend_Black_Hat_for_Free

Thanks,
Don
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:26 pm

Wow... this Free Ticket to Black Hat is not generating as much competition in the forums as I thought it would.

Hmmmmmm... should I not do the Giveaways or is this not as valuable a prize as I thought it was?

Please send me your feedback,
Don
<<

blackazarro

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:50 pm

Waaaiiiit a minute, this prize is indeed  valuable and I think you should continue with the giveaway. If nobody wants it, I'll take it  ;), just kidding but this is a cool prize, especially for those who can't afford to attend a good security conference such as Black Hat.
Security+, OSCP, CEH
<<

What90

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:54 am

Don,

This is a phenomenal prize and a fantastic opportunity for anyone excited about IT security.

Perhaps you could give a few ideas on threads you like to hear about or get comments on, to spark that fire you’re looking for.

If only I lived in the continent and could take up the challenge  :(
<<

p0et

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:13 pm

I agree with the above two.. these giveaways are HUGE!  You and others already have listened to me complain about trying to find conferences to attend that are low cost or free, so believe me... i'm trying to think of some sorta topic to get a good thread going for this great giveaway.  8)  Just hope I can make it in time.
GCIH, Security+, Network+, A+, MCP, DCSE
<<

Negrita

Post Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:30 am

p0et wrote: i'm trying to think of some sorta topic to get a good thread going for this great giveaway.

Personally I don't think that one thread will do it. I think what will get you the prize will be consistency over a number of quality threads.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:43 pm

I agree with Negrita whole heartedly, although I'm confident you meant to say your NEXT thread.  ;)

OK, so I'll keep trying to get these. While we're at it, here's a hint for July...

Is there a forensics boot camp in anyone's future?

Happy posting,
Don
<<

p0et

Post Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:21 am

Okay, I don't know what either of you mean... but maybe that's just my high fever I haven't gotten rid of yet.  :-\  Half of June I was on vacation and the last two weeks I was sick. Blah.

HAPPY CANADA DAY!
GCIH, Security+, Network+, A+, MCP, DCSE

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net