Need ur valuable & expert advice for freshers

<<

ateeqrahman786

Post Wed May 23, 2007 12:53 pm

Need ur valuable & expert advice for freshers

hii,
i m a fresher in this field. can u plsss guide me in this career path. I am about to do this course from MIle2 and have decided to dedicate my career in this field(penetration testing). What r job oppurchunities for freshers and how to start in this field.
<<

jimbob

Post Fri May 25, 2007 7:56 am

Re: Need ur valuable & expert advice for freshers

Hi, and welcome to ethicalhacker.net. The best advice I can give is to learn as much about the field as possible and apply for jobs. That might not sound like deeply sageful advice, but if you are going to have any chance in the field you are at least going to have to talk the talk. If you can get your foot in the door and are prepared to work hard you'll pick things up quickly.

Most employers are looking for evidence that you know what you're talking about and you can do the job. Practice your skills in report writing as well as pen testing, since communicating your findings to your customer is a huge part of the job. You could for instance bring a sample report for a pen test exercise to a job interview and demonstrate that you know your methodology and can present your findings.

Good luck!

Jimbob

Return to Career Central