<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu May 03, 2007 10:43 am

[Article]-April 2007 Free Giveaway - Winner

Permanent Link: [Article]-April 2007 Free Giveaway - Winner

We Have a Winner!

There have been a number of conversations in the forums about how to start your ethical hacking career. So for April '07, let's get back to basics. Our long-time supporter, CompTIA, is known for their excellent entry level certifications, and it's an honor to reward long-time EH-Net member, Negrita. For both past performance and continued participation, Negrita gets both prize offerings featuring the Security+ exam voucher ($244), a CompTIA Press Study Guide and a Security+ T-Shirt for a value of approx. $325 and the same package for Linux+. Thanks and congratulations!

Participation is the ONLY way to win. Start a thread that sparks lots of interest; share thoughts and experiences; help a newbie... quality is more important than quantity.

Only members are eligible!
Registration Is FREE!

Add your comments below,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

slimjim100

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Thu May 03, 2007 1:23 pm

Re: [Article]-April 2007 Free Giveaway - Winner

Well Deserved Negrita!!!!!!

Brian
CISSP, CCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Network+, Security+, JNCIA, & MCP
<<

venom77

Post Thu May 03, 2007 3:43 pm

Nice job and congrats! :)
<<

Negrita

Post Thu May 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Great, Thanks Don. Thanks also to slimjim100 and venom77 for your good wishes.

Hmmmmm..... now which one should I do first?
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

Negrita

Post Sat May 26, 2007 4:13 pm

The study guides and T-shirt arrived yesterday, and I got the vouchers sent to me a few weeks ago. The study guides are two fat ring bound books with accompanying CD's. I've decided to do the Linux+ first because the voucher expires sooner than the Security+ voucher. Also I think my security knowledge is OK, while my Linux knowledge definately needs some attention. My work manufactures a Slackware based product for which I give tech support, and I've once or twice found myself escalating issues or passing them to my colleagues because of my lack of thorough Linux knowledge.

One drawback already is that the Linux+ exam objectives haven't been updated since 2004. The course is supposed to be vendor neutral, yet it says I should install Fedora Core 2. I've got an old copy of Fedora Core 3 lying around somewhere, yet I'm inclined to just use BackTrack or Knoppix or Kubuntu to study for this. I'm sure the book I have is pertinant to the exam I'll take, and I'll still be able to carry over the principles in to the present. Linux however has developed leaps and bounds in the past 3 years and I think CompTIA should start thinking about upgrading this exam.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

slimjim100

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Sat May 26, 2007 6:51 pm

Good Luck Negrita!!!! Let us know how the Linux+ test is and I have full faith in you!

Brian
CISSP, CCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Network+, Security+, JNCIA, & MCP

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net