[Article]-Video: Exploring Metasploit 3 and the New and Improved Web Interface - Part 2

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:44 pm

[Article]-Video: Exploring Metasploit 3 and the New and Improved Web Interface - Part 2

Chris actually has 2 videos dealing with the new Web Interface for Metasploit v3. This is no reflection on Chris :P, but we're going to do things a little backwards. This one was ready to go, although it is the second part. The first part should be ready any minute, but I had the time now, so here it is. No use waiting, because you never know when you'll get more of it.  ???

Either way, Chris is doing some great work here especially for those of you who are command line challenged. The new Web Interface is really impressive.

Have fun.

Permanent Link: [Article]-Video: Exploring Metasploit 3 and the New and Improved Web Interface

Overview of Video

In this video we explore the revised MSFWeb interface for the Metasploit Framework 3.0. We specifically take a look at running "browser" exploits where you have to get the victim to connect back to your listening Metasploit instance. We'll use the ie_createobject exploit via the MSFweb GUI, and then we'll use the wmf_setabortproc exploit using the built in msfconsole (a new addition in MSFWeb 3.0). We'll also take a look at using custom meterpreter scripts; first to see if the victim is running in vmware and second, to clear the event logs.

Enjoy and keep an eye out for future videos. Feel free to post comments and suggestions for future videos.

Thanks,
Chris Gates

Metasploit ® is a registered trademark of Metasploit LLC

Add your comments below,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

LSOChris

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:34 pm

Re: [Article]-Video: Exploring Metasploit 3 and the New and Improved Web Interfa

wow harsh don  ;)

i also forgot to put in the writeup, that if you set up your MSFweb on a IP address you can actually get to (like other than 127.0.0.1) you can share your MSF sessions with anyone who can access the IP (yes i know that's good and bad).  thats at the end of the vid and why you see it running on 192.168.0.105 instead of 127.0.0.1.

feedback is always welcome
<<

Negrita

Post Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:36 am

Re: [Article]-Video: Exploring Metasploit 3 and the New and Improved Web Interfa

Great thanks Chris. Top noch work as usual.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:05 am

thanx!

i did get an email asking if you could delete just one event from the log.  looking at the api, LINK i dont see a way to do it, but others are encouraged to look because if you can it would be sweet.
Last edited by LSOChris on Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue May 08, 2007 11:27 am

Re: [Article]-Video: Exploring Metasploit 3 and the New and Improved Web Interface - Part 2

CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

LSOChris

Post Tue May 08, 2007 2:38 pm

i guess i'll give it a digg.... :o

Return to Gates