New here

<<

Saber123316

Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:26 pm

New here

Hello I am new Here. wanna learn how to hack.

;D

Any way to properly introduce myself I am in NAIT currently taking the Computer network administrator course. doing good but during the course of this I got intrigued by a tool I downloaded. I never new what a IP scanner was and found a free one not nmap. it was a simple Gui one loaded with neat features. found all the systems on our 10.1.1.x lan in the class and looked at my neighbours machine. noticed a little option when I left clicked on it titled shutdown on lan. to my amazment when I clicked it the machine started to shutdown.

any way things escalated to there till I found Cain & abel installed it and proceeded to arp poison the class network. when I realized what it was doing I stopped. 4 minutes in I had someones msn and bank account info. I stopped deleted all traces of what I did and forgot what I seen.

that was last week. I am still in the school. (All schools would expell you for what I had done if detected) Anyway I have now since started to look for guidance. My course does not teach hacking in a sense and most of my classmates frown that I want to do this kinda stuff for a proffesion But I decide If one day I am going to be the senior admin of a Network I better understand what is flowing and to where it is flowing to and who is watching it.

I beleive these skills I am learning to be benificial to my IT career and anyone to say I am stupid for wanting to learn this is waiting to become a victim in the headlines of the papers and soon after jobless.

Anyway. thats my view. I would also like to know of some tools that can crack wep in windows. We learned very basic stuff of linux and I do net yet feel comfortable enough in it to do anything. so any tools that will work with my DWL g122 B1 adapter will be great. ( I am cracking my neighbours wep key for him. bet me 25 dollars I could not do it.)
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:13 am

Re: New here

First of all, let me welcome you to EH-Net. You found the right place to advance your career.

I highly recommend perusing the Tools Board as there is plenty to read to get you going. As you see something for which you have a question, simply ask in that thread, and our gracious community will be more than happy to answer.

As for your friend... tell him to get his $25 ready! At least he gave you permission to hack him.

Looking forward to hearing of your career advances,
Don
Last edited by don on Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Cutaway

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:21 am

Saber123316:

First off welcome to our little community.  We hope you find it helpful and contribute often.

You have started as many people start.  I will tell you, and most here will probably do the same, that you need to stop analyzing your school's network because you will, eventually, get into very big trouble and your career in IT will grind to a halt.  NEVER, analyze anybody's network without WRITTEN permission.  So, if you are going to be helping your school get with your system administrators and write up a plan or contract.  If you are going to be helping your friend crack his wireless network you may want to get him to put it in writing in case you ever have a falling out.  The key to this game is to learn as much as you can while protecting your integrity and not crossing the line into illegal activity.

Now that all of that is out of the way here is some more guidance.  The questions you are asking are typical and have generally been answered.  Search here, search Google/Yahoo, Search other forums.  A good wireless forum (after you search here) is http://www.kismetwireless.net/forum.php or http://www.wardrivingonline.com/.

You are off to a good start.  Keep us informed with your finds and questions and we'll be glad to help.

Go forth and do good things,
Cutaway
Go forth and do good things,
Cutaway
<<

heffnercj

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:46 am

I won't repeat what Don and Cutaway have said already, but definately heed their advice/warnings - they are both more expirenced with these things than I. :)

At any rate, for WEP cracking my personal favorite is aircrack. Contains a very nice suite of programs, available for Linux and Windows. I've used it to crack my own WEP keys in 10-15 minutes.

I'm told that Cain & Abel also now supports the Korek WEP attacks (Google this if you don't know what I'm talking about), but is Windows-only. Basically, use anything that implements the Korek attacks and you'll make an easy $25. :D
<<

slimjim100

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:48 am

Saber123316,

Since you said you have a DWL g122 B1 usb card and I just watched a video over at www.irongeek.com I figured I would share it.

http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=vide ... l-g122-usb

Have Phun,

Brian
CISSP, CCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Network+, Security+, JNCIA, & MCP
<<

estriches

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:31 pm

oh how i remember the days of war dialers and thinking it was kool to hit a bbs board, i will shut up there showing my age. There is some nice programs out there for wep i seen mentioned was aircrack and that is one of the best marks, there is also air Snort limited though and yes cain has a pretty nice one as well now. remember to stay in the light, the light always wins.
Last edited by estriches on Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C|EH, C++ programmer

Return to Network Pen Testing