An Apple A Day!!

<<

estriches

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:54 pm

An Apple A Day!!

" An apple a day" that use to be an expression for keeping virus's away. With the recent Apple Pc hits, that may no longer be the case. Mac OSX has now been penetrated, with holes along with Ichat, where does the C|EH,CCE, and Forensic Certs stand, up till now it has been windows and linux. With Apple now being vunerable will we see certs start including OSX in the Future. With tons of graphic companies out there using the Mac, will this become the next phase of training? will forensics and Ethical hackers start buying macs as so they can pen test all three systems Microsoft,Linux, and Mac? Thoughts are welcomed and opinions are appreciated.

Estriches
C|EH, C++ programmer
<<

venom77

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Re: An Apple A Day!!

I had made a post about this a few weeks ago also (about purchasing a Mac, no directly related to vulnerabilities). The main reason being that my laptop died and I figured it was time for a new one anyway. The MacBook seems fairly appealing for the reason you've suggested; I can run all 3 on one. I've still not yet made any decision (I've just been using my work laptop more instead), but I'm curious to see if anyone does make the move. There are definitely some anti-Apple(/Steve Jobs) people here so watch for replies ;)
<<

LSOChris

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:33 pm

Re: An Apple A Day!!

people probably havent been using OS X in hack labs because its a PITA to get installed in VMware.  there are a couple of neat rootkits for OS X though, fun fun.

Return to General Certification