I'm risking Don yelling at me here, but...

<<

oyle

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:27 pm

I'm risking Don yelling at me here, but...

I just started a new forum website, http://www.unemployedmcse.com

It's NOT my intention to spam, I'm just sincerely trying to help out anyone studying for exams. No cheating or posting test questions allowed, but intelligent discussion is encouraged about the entire certification process; choosing a school, choosing a certification, etc.

Sorry, Don, please don't yell at me. I'm just sincerely trying to help out the group. ;D

I won't mention this anymore.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:49 pm

Re: I'm risking Don yelling at me here, but...

Guess you caught me in a good mood. Good luck on your new venture. If you feel so inclined, please mention us and our sister site CSP Magazine.

Just curious... what happens when the cert changes to MCITP when Longhorn Server comes out? Maybe you should try buying www.unemployedmcitp.com. BTW - It's available, and I just gave you your first link. You're on your way to #1 in Google.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

slimjim100

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:01 am

Oyle Good luck with your new site and remember to have alot of back-links to "EH-Net". I will check it out and maybe join up for a few post.

Brian
(aka Slimjim100)
CISSP, CCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Network+, Security+, JNCIA, & MCP
<<

oyle

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:15 am

Thanks, Don, I'll look into it. I also bought unemployedmcse.net at the same time I bought unemployedmcse.com. Haven't decided yet about .net.

Once I get some solid traffic going, I'll certainly put up some links to EH-net. Soon as I figure out how.  ;D But I'm allowing larger avatars to be used. So many forums out there limit the size of your avatars. The avatar is half the fun of creating an account. I'm allowing 100x100 pixel, 500 byte avatars

BTW, it's not just about Microsoft certs, it,s about any cert. In fact, my local New Horizons has a class upcoming in a couple of weeks for the CHFI. Strangely, it's an online class ONLY, suppsoedly because of low student turnout. It's like three hours in the evening, Mon, Wed, and Fri, for about three weeks. I'd  really love to go for this class, but there's no place near me to do the exam. I'm in Cleveland, Oh, and according to Prometric's site, there's only three places in Ohio to do it, Cinicinnati, Dayton/Fairborn, and Maumee, outsde of Toledo. Maumee is probably closest to me, but it's still like a two hour drive.

But I was looking at the course layout for the CHFI on ec-council, and it still looks like it's cool stuff to know. The class is still around $2000.00 or so.  >:(
Last edited by oyle on Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:31 am

Are you going to Notacon which is also in Cleveland?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

slimjim100

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:25 am

LOL I already PM'ed him and he is now :P I plan on meeting with him and networking. Looks like EH-Net will have some local representatives there this year.

Brian
CISSP, CCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Network+, Security+, JNCIA, & MCP

Return to Other