Call to arms - Negritas' war against DDoS.

<<

Negrita

Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Call to arms - Negritas' war against DDoS.

OK, so I'm declaring war on DDoS attacks. As some of you may know, I've already suffered a DDoS attack, and I can assure you it wasn't any fun.

I have an idea which for the mean time I'm keeping to myself that will hopefully help erradicate DDoS attacks, and make them a thing of the past. The reason I'm keeping it to myself is because there may be a patent in it for me, and it will give my work a decided edge over our competitors.

I have already amassed a huge amout of information, but I thought that I'd open this up to the EH-Net community to see what you could all come up with.
I'm looking for;
1. Any information that you have on DDoS attacks, including how they are planned, set up, executed, etc.
2. Copies of (prefferably source code) the client, master and daemon software of the following tools: Stacheldraht, Trin00, WinTrin00, TFN (Tribal Flood Network), TFN2K, Trinity, Shaft, Mstream, and any other DDoS attack tools you may know of, including any morphed versions.
3. Any information you may have on how DDoS attacks have been dealt with until now.

As I said, I've already got a lot of stuff, but I want to see what you can come up with. Furthermore, for those of you with malicious intent planning on sending me trojaned material, this research project will be undertaken in a totally stand alone secure network, so you can all save your efforts for another sucker.

Please send anything you have to; negrita1 <at> gmail <dot> com.
CEH, CCSA NG/AI, NNCSS, MCP, MCSA 2003

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

Negrita

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:15 pm

Re: Call to arms - Negritas' war against DDoS.

BUMP!

OK, so you all either like DDoS attacks and the thought that at anytime someone can do this to you, or you're all just too complacent to want to help out and take part in pioneering research.

There are 10 kinds of people, those that understand binary, and those that don't.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:25 pm

CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

slimjim100

EH-Net Columnist
EH-Net Columnist

Post Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:46 am

Negrita I support your efforts but as for help...

1. Any information that you have on DDoS attacks, including how they are planned, set up, executed, etc.

[glow=red,2,300]I am not able to help with this due to NDA's with my employer :([/glow]

2. Copies of (prefferably source code) the client, master and daemon software of the following tools: Stacheldraht, Trin00, WinTrin00, TFN (Tribal Flood Network), TFN2K, Trinity, Shaft, Mstream, and any other DDoS attack tools you may know of, including any morphed versions.
[glow=red,2,300]
I do not have any copies or source code...[/glow]

3. Any information you may have on how DDoS attacks have been dealt with until now.

[glow=red,2,300]Again the NDA prevents me from discussing this info.[/glow]

If you would like to talk about prevention or how to limit damage during an attach I can chat with you via IM.

Brian
CISSP, CCSE, CCNA, CCAI, Network+, Security+, JNCIA, & MCP
<<

S20

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:28 am

-------------------------------------------
The only secure system is:
A system with no network connection,
no users, cast in 30 feet of reinforced
concrete and a dead admin.
-------------------------------------------
<<

oneeyedcarmen

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:19 am

Negrita,

Any updates on your research?  Can we expect to see your name on a patent anytime soon?

-Brian
Reluctant CISSP, Certified ASS
<<

Negrita

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:26 pm

Well the idea has been presented to the VP of Product Management and to the CTO. The idea will require third party involvement, and I know that they are in contact with some security partners such as Aladdin and Symantec.

It's now out of my hands. Management now have to decide if this is a feasable product to develop and if this is the direction they want to take the company.

<<

Negrita

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi S20,

Sorry, I missed your post earlier. Thanks for those links. When I said earlier that I had amassed  some material, The first stuff I got my hands on was David Dittrichs' materials. The ussrback.com site looks very usefull though - thanks.

<<

morpheus063

Post Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi Negrita,

I missed your first post on this first thread. However, let me first extend full support to your wonderful initiative.

As part of content development for my book on IDS, I did some research on DDoS, out of which, I found the following outstanding:

A Taxonomy of DDoS Attack and DDoS Defense Mechanisms

Another Good Resource for DoS and DDos (including Code and Documentation)

As a support to your initiative, I will be mentioning/discussing this project in my web portals, blogs and training seminars.

Wishing you all the best for your research. Keep us posted about your success, the new developments and mile stones achieved.
Manu Zacharia
MVP (Enterprise Security), ISLA-2010 (ISC)², C|EH, C|HFI, CCNA, MCP,
Certified ISO 27001:2005 Lead Auditor

[b]There are 3 roads to spoil; women, gambling & hacking. The most pleasant with women, the quickest with gambling, but the surest is hacking - c0c0n

Return to Malware