don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:46 am

Techno Security Conference 2007

The Ninth Annual International Techno Security Conference
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
June 3 - 6, 2007

If you ever thought of registering early to ensure getting a seat at a conference, now it the time! We have grown every year and we could see the need to close registration early if we exceed our maximum number of attendees prior to opening day.

The Ninth Annual International Techno Security Conference will be even bigger and better than last year's event. What many people say is the best overall computer security conference at any price has become an even better value for your training and exhibiting dollar.

Techno has become known as a world class training and networking event now having had attendees register from 40 different countries. As of March 1, 2006 we are now on the GSA schedule. Just enter Techno Security when you go to the GSA Advantage website.

If you attend just once, you will see why this conference has sold out in the exhibit hall for the past five years as well as exceeding our attendee expectation each of those years. We're not trying to be the biggest conference, just the best. Register early and you will be able to attend our full 3 day (and evening) conference for about the same price as many half-day seminars now being advertised.

Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort
8400 Costa Verde Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

This event will also feature the global rollout of the EC-Council Certified Security Analyst/Licensed Penetration Tester (ECSA/LPT) program. For more info, Click Here.

For general conference information: http://www.techsec.com/html/Techno2007.html

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

barry

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:47 pm

Re: Techno Security Conference 2007

I think its good to be there and rub shoulder with other big guns. i have booked a place for myself. If you book the training as well, you can save a lot of money and also achieve the LPT cerification. Guys get on the phone and get a place reserve.
<<

venom77

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:03 pm

I have also registered for this conference already and will be attending the ECSA/LPT course as well.
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:23 pm

Good luck venom77 on your ECSA/LPT course. Hope you don't mind but we're expecting a full report when you're done.  ;)

Anyone else going? Care to meet up with other EH-Net members? Share your thoughts on this or past Techno Security Confs?

Don
<<

venom77

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:51 am

Thanks, Don :)

I will definitely report back on the ECSA/LPT course and any of the conference seminars I attend.

I'm down here already and checked-in at the conference yesterday. I'm planning on going to at least one of the speeches today, as well as checking out all of the exhibits and the networking dinner.

If any other EH-Net members are down here and want to meet up, let me know :)
<<

venom77

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:21 pm

Well, today was the first day of the conference, but I did not attend any seminars. I did attend the Exhibition and bought a couple of books at the conference bookstore. I met the the guy that posted above, Barry, although I just realized that was him when I got back to this site. I also met and had some good discussions with Sanjay Bavisi, President of EC-Council, and Aaron Cohen, CEO of The Hacker Academy. Both are very cool people whom I've had contact with in the past by email/phone and I was real happy to meet each of them in person. I did watch a short demonstration at The Hacker Academy exhibit by their instructor, Ralph Echemendia. He did a short presentation on information gathering with some Google searches and then ended touching briefly on nmap and scanning. He said his presentations over the next couple days will build on each other.

All in all, it wasn't too bad and seems to be a pretty decent conference. Being that I'm only 23 (and my job title on my ID badge is 'HelpDesk Technician') I did get a few funny looks from some people. I seemed to be the youngest there, that I saw, and probably stood out amongst many of the older executive-looking people. Some of the exhibitors wouldn't really even acknowledge me when I was at their booth, and a couple were friendly enough to start talking.

I'll have to check out what's going on for tomorrow and maybe there will be some more interesting presentations going on that I'll attend. :)
<<

p0et

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:22 pm

Venom, sounds like you had a good first day there. I know just how you feel by being the youngest one at the conference. I went to a SANS conference in Dec, also had "Helpdesk Technician" on my badge and 25 yrs old. Some ppl ignored me and others were very nice and had some great chats.

Hope you have a blast down there!  Wish I could attend some sort of conference in the future. I could only attend SANS because it was free as I was a volunteer.  ;)
GCIH, Security+, Network+, A+, MCP, DCSE
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:24 pm

Where was Bill Gates at 23? They're just jealous.  ;)

As for the people you met, seems like a good group. I've never met Ralph, but Sanjay and Aaron are great to work with. From what I understand, Ralph was part of the core group to put together the ECSA materials.

Have fun, and good luck in the class.

Don
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:35 pm

Oh yeah... and the Hacker Academy is yet another great Chicago company.

I'm clearly biased.  ;D

Don
<<

venom77

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:24 am

Thanks guys.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Ralph. He had a girl with him (probably girlfriend?) and right after the presentation they got up and looked to be heading somewhere, I didn't want to interrupt. I'll probably chat with him one of these other days hopefully.
<<

archtctfr

Post Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm

Saw the notes about the conference. I am here also. Did not meet anyone else from here yet. I am also taking the ECSA/LPT and as I seat now not going to anymore of the seminars. Just looking at the books. Sounds like it will be a real firehose for information. Sounds like the test will be Thurs pm depending on when everyone needs to leave. I saw Larry the instructor and he was going to try and go as long as he can to get it all in in 2 days. Good luck with the test. I hear it is a bit easier than the CEH one. This is a new version so I guess it is hard to say at this point. Hope to see you there.
archtctfr CISSP LPT CEH ECSA
<<

venom77

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:53 pm

YaY! Passed the test today :)

Headed out for dinner now, but more info will follow...
<<

blackazarro

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:09 pm

Congrats!!! Looking forward to detail info.
Security+, OSCP, CEH
<<

archtctfr

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:18 pm

I forgot to post my results. I passed and trying to get the rest of the information together and get it to them.
archtctfr CISSP LPT CEH ECSA

Return to Calendar Of Events