[Article]-Jabber Takes a Swing at RichM

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:42 pm

Last month I explained that I wanted to reduce my organization's dependence on AIM due to its lack of security and the fact that we cannot control what takes places on their servers.  I also mentioned that I was fairly new to jabber, and, due to lack of experience, I was hoping for a hand or two to help sort out the install/config process.  While I did receive many alternative recommendations, sadly I didn't get a single volunteer willing to help shoulder the responsibility of bringing any easy to follow tutorial (aimed at the uninitiated) to the EH masses.  Determined to make it happen, I soldiered on. Sadly I have fallen short, I am approximately 70% done but have hit some fun snags which are listed below. Hopefully I can enlist the help of the EH-Net faithful for a little help.

Permanent link:

Enjoy this month's column, and let's see if we can knockout RichM's secure IM woes.

As always, offer your feedback,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:37 pm

Re: [Article]-Jabber Takes a Swing at RichM

CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

psychorugger

Post Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:45 am

Re: [Article]-Jabber Takes a Swing at RichM

Hey Rich.  I've been out for a while, and I might be too late, but I've done a small to mid jabber roll out before.  What problem have you run into and which jabber server are you rolling?
IAM, IEM, RWSP, CPTS

Return to RichM