Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:46 am

CSI NetSec 2007

CSI NetSec '07
June 11-13, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Topics Include:
Electronic Doc Discovery; Metadata; NIST Risk Framework; Awareness Program Events: Database Auditing; Botnet Subversion; Vista; Compliance Automation; Pen Testing; Web 2.0 & AJAX; Bluetooth; VoIP; Insider Threats; Forensic Analysis; Web-based Apps; Open Authentication; NAC; Identity Management; Measurement & Metrics; Social Engineering; Wireless Hacking; Data Breach Notification

The Phoenician
6000 East Camelback Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85251
Phone: 800-888-8234
www.thephoenician.com

For more info:
http://www.csinetsec.com/

As always, share your thoughts and experiences on this and past CSI events.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:58 pm

Re: CSI NetSec 2007

Today is the first day of CSI NetSec in Arizona. Anyone spending time in the desert this week?

Let us know what you think about this or any previous version of this conf.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

archtctfr

Post Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:16 pm

Re: CSI NetSec 2007

Me I went from the Techno Sec 2007 and the ECSA?LPT class right to the CIS conference. I took the Pre class hands on hacking and spent the remainder in the Hands on room. Way to hot for me and not only outside. The room was overwhelmed by the systems and the people. The hands on track was great. I missed the capture the flag. The winner took just over 2hours plus. I ended in the crack the case a chance to find the murder for hire information that was on the systems. Looking to score 20 points to get a note from CSI. It was good a chance to some tools I have never used. Taught by the same guy that did the Pre conference class. The hotel was way up scale. All in all it was all good. The inforamtion presented in the hands on was great. Didn't try for the goodies which meant you had to get a signiture from a bunch of vendors and then do a drawing. Had some talks I saw the one from the CISO of Paypal. He was presenting on regaining the email communication channel as a viable form of communication. He thought we would in 18 months. Guess that is about it. Not real good at this reporting stuff.
archtctfr CISSP LPT CEH ECSA

Return to Calendar Of Events