GPEN practice exam give-away

<<

docrice

Post Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:23 am

GPEN practice exam give-away

I finally passed the GPEN exam yesterday with a 93% (after pushing it off for months on end due to my work schedule) and since I hardly ever contribute a meaningful thread on EH, I figure the least I could do is give away an unused practice exam. It expires 10/02/13.

I'll be pretty busy at Black Hat and DEF CON so I probably won't be able to follow-up on this until beginning of August, but assuming more than one person wants it, I'll do a drawing or something.
<<

UNIX

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:56 am

Re: GPEN practice exam give-away

Congrats on your pass! If the practice exam is still available, I'd like to give it a try.
<<

UKSecurityGuy

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:10 am

Congratulations!

I've got my GPEN exam scheduled for the end of next month so I know how much training you've been putting into it!
<<

n37sh@rk

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:35 am

Congrats
<<

docrice

Post Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:20 am

Just got back from DEF CON and Black Hat earlier today. Seems we have a couple of people interested in the exam. Not sure if first-come, first-served is the best method though. Any ideas for a tie-breaker? I'm too tired to think right now.
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:07 pm

docrice wrote:Just got back from DEF CON and Black Hat earlier today. Seems we have a couple of people interested in the exam. Not sure if first-come, first-served is the best method though. Any ideas for a tie-breaker? I'm too tired to think right now.

Did they just PM you? I only see UNIX asking for it. Everyone knows the only way to win here is to participate, so I say you give it to him and don't reward the lurkers ;)

Also, post on the conference thread if you're attending, you bastard. I've been wanting to meet you in-person for years. Seriously though, I hope you had a good time. Maybe we can meet up at Derby or DC22.

Edit: Also, congrats on the pass. On to the GSE then? I'm sure you can handle it.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

docrice

Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:19 am

dynamik wrote:Everyone knows the only way to win here is to participate, so I say you give it to him and don't reward the lurkers ;)

I got a PM also, so we have two contenders. If you two still want it, the tie-breaker is to figure out which web server and its version my site is running and then email me your answer via my GPG key. I'm sure you can do that with your GPEN-ready pentest skills, yes?

Whoever gets the correct answer first gets the exam. We now have a race condition.

dynamik wrote:Also, post on the conference thread if you're attending, you bastard.

Didn't think about the con thread. Shows how much I look around here. Next time I'll remember ... if I remember to remember.

dynamik wrote:Also, congrats on the pass. On to the GSE then? I'm sure you can handle it.

What is this GSE you speak of? Is that the exam where you have to prep your skills for ten years while staring at the screen and then be ready to finally attempt the written part? And then do that "hands-on" exam thing? I can barely remember any of that stuff from all the training I've gone through. Data leakage at its finest. It hurts. The pain.

Return to GPEN - GIAC Certified Penetration Tester