.

Wounded Vet here given an opportunity in Forensics

<<

Malinois1983

Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 3

Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Wounded Vet here given an opportunity in Forensics

Basically the Program is that Protect.org(Against Child Abuse) and the Department of Homeland Security are recruiter 200 former wounded Spec Ops people to go into this career.  Its a really good deal.  For a good cause.  My question is what colleges offer these types of programs.  I have a bachelors in Criminal Justice but would like to obtain certifications and a degree in this area.  Any help would be nice and I appreciate it.  Below is a video on the program.

http://www.protect.org/herocorpscoverage
<<

rattis

User avatar

Hero Member
Hero Member

Posts: 1172

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:11 am

Re: Wounded Vet here given an opportunity in Forensics

If I understand what you're looking for, look in to the NSA's Information Assurance National Centers of Academic Excellence.

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academic_outreach ... ions.shtml

I know of two of the schools on that list that are teaching Digital Forensics.
Last edited by rattis on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

Malinois1983

Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 3

Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Re: Wounded Vet here given an opportunity in Forensics

chrisj wrote:If I understand what you're looking for, look in to the NSA's Information Assurance National Centers of Academic Excellence.

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academic_outreach ... ions.shtml

I know of two of the schools on that list that are teaching Digital Forensics.

Thank you thats what I was looking for.  Im hoping to find something near Chicago
<<

Malinois1983

Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 3

Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Re: Wounded Vet here given an opportunity in Forensics

That would be it thank you.  Also would you say that courses on the website below would be a good think to take.
http://www.eccouncil.org/Computer-Hacki ... estigator/
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Posts: 1119

Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:00 am

Location: Mile High City

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:34 pm

Re: Wounded Vet here given an opportunity in Forensics

Malinois1983 wrote:That would be it thank you.  Also would you say that courses on the website below would be a good think to take.
http://www.eccouncil.org/Computer-Hacki ... estigator/


SANS has a better reputation/more prestige:
http://www.sans.org/course/computer-for ... s-in-depth

http://www.sans.org/course/advanced-com ... t-response
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

rattis

User avatar

Hero Member
Hero Member

Posts: 1172

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:25 pm

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Wounded Vet here given an opportunity in Forensics

Malinois1983 wrote:
chrisj wrote:If I understand what you're looking for, look in to the NSA's Information Assurance National Centers of Academic Excellence.

http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academic_outreach ... ions.shtml

I know of two of the schools on that list that are teaching Digital Forensics.

Thank you thats what I was looking for.  Im hoping to find something near Chicago



I know some of the people that left Eastern Michigan Univeristy's IA program because they got jobs in Chicago were looking at DePaul. It's not cheap, but that is the only bad thing I have heard about their program.
OSWP, Sec+

Return to Forensics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software