.

eCPPT Gold Certification

<<

eenkooboos

Newbie
Newbie

Posts: 3

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Post Tue May 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Re: eCPPT Gold Certification

I have untaken eCPPT Silver and Gold exam vouchers. I am torn between taking the silver exam or not  :)
Do you recommend to still take the Silver exam? or should I just prepare for the Gold exam and let the silver exam expire?

Also, between the two exams, is there any differences between the two aside from the number of days to submit the report? (I'm not sure, but  if this question might tear fairness of the certification, then please no need to answer it  :) )

Since gold certification is up now, what will happen to eCPPT silver certified person? Will their certification expire if they don't take the gold certification?

Apologies if there are too many question. :-)

Thanks a lot. Cheers!
<<

m0wgli

User avatar

Sr. Member
Sr. Member

Posts: 308

Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Post Wed May 29, 2013 3:50 am

Re: eCPPT Gold Certification

eenkooboos wrote:I have untaken eCPPT Silver and Gold exam vouchers. I am torn between taking the silver exam or not  :)
Do you recommend to still take the Silver exam? or should I just prepare for the Gold exam and let the silver exam expire?


I would still do the silver if you have the time. You'll be covering the necessary material anyhow preparing for the gold. It'll also give you additional experience report writing.

eenkooboos wrote:Also, between the two exams, is there any differences between the two aside from the number of days to submit the report? (I'm not sure, but  if this question might tear fairness of the certification, then please no need to answer it  :) )


The silver exam is pretty much focused entirely on the content of the Web App module, whereas the gold exam covers all three modules.

eenkooboos wrote:Since gold certification is up now, what will happen to eCPPT silver certified person? Will their certification expire if they don't take the gold certification?


The silver certification will not expire.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest having a read through the eLearnSecurity forums.
Security + | OSWP | eCPPT (Silver & Gold) | CSTA
Previous

Return to eCPPT - eLearnSecurity Certified Professional Penetration Tester

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software