CEH Welcome Kit

<<

Dengar13

Post Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:03 pm

CEH Welcome Kit

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Welcome Kit in the mail?  I can't wait to get it!!!  ;D
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
MCSE: Security/Messaging
MCSA: Security/Messaging
Former U.S. Marine and damn proud of it!
<<

ehadsell

Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:50 pm

Re: CEH Welcome Kit

I'm in a similar situation.  I passed CEH October 18th.  The EC-Council site lists 6-8 weeks.  I'm getting close to 8 weeks and nothing yet.

When did you take the CEH?
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:48 am

I sent an email to my contacts at EC-Council to see what is their average time to get out the Welcome Kits and have yet to hear anything.

I'll keep you posted,
Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

Dengar13

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:48 pm

I took mine October 28th.

Thanks, Don!  I do appreciiate you doing that for us.

The CEH is a reason I got my new job!  ;D
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:44 pm

ehadsell,

I got a response from EC-Council, and they simply reiterated '4 - 8 weeks upon passing the exam.' Your post reads that it's almost 8 weeks. Let me know when it passes that time frame, and I'll press for more info.

Dengar13,

You mention:

The CEH is a reason I got my new job!

Could you elaborate? I'm curious.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

tmartin

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:38 pm

Let us know what's in the kit.

I hope it's better in that the CISSP kit.
<<

Dengar13

Post Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:21 pm

don wrote:ehadsell,

I got a response from EC-Council, and they simply reiterated '4 - 8 weeks upon passing the exam.' Your post reads that it's almost 8 weeks. Let me know when it passes that time frame, and I'll press for more info.

Dengar13,

You mention:

The CEH is a reason I got my new job!

Could you elaborate? I'm curious.

The certification made me stand out among other candidates.  My CEO had heard of this cert but not the two intviewers.  This peeked my inteviewers interest and I had explained what the CEH was.  My company is heading into the arena of pen testing and other network vulnerability testing.  Hab\ving certifications helps companies get contracts etc.

Don
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
<<

ehadsell

Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:16 pm

I recieved my CEH welcome kit today.  It includes a big bumper sticker, bootable linux mini-CD (about the size of a business card), and a nice certificate..all in a EC-Council folder. 

Overall, more goodies than other certs I've gotten including CISSP.
<<

oyle

Post Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:33 am

I passed my CEH 12-10-04; didn't get my welcome kit until May 05, after quite a few emails and a couple of phone calls.

I later inquired about an extra bumper sticker, they sent me an extra sticker, playing cards, and t-shirt, all free. Argh, finally.
Still can't find any work doing this stuff.

>:(
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

Dengar13

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:28 am

Oyle wrote:I passed my CEH 12-10-04; didn't get my welcome kit until May 05, after quite a few emails and a couple of phone calls.

I later inquired about an extra bumper sticker, they sent me an extra sticker, playing cards, and t-shirt, all free. Argh, finally.
Still can't find any work doing this stuff.

>:(

I am beginning to think I will never get mine either.  I want to get all that free stuff too!  Maybe I will have to bug the hell out of them.  Have you had any interviews lately and where are you from?
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
<<

oyle

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:23 pm

EC council says they're based out of New York. But when I thought I was purchasing a test voucher off the ec-council website, I mistakenly purchased the courseware I got when I did the class. I purchased (by mistake) the two looseleaf folders, courseware text (shrinkwrapped), paperback book oriented towards NT4 that my instructor said was useless, the notepad, the pen, and the Knoppix disk and class-related software. My mistake, but it shipped to me from Malaysia. Checked what it would cost to ship it back to Malaysia, it would have cost almost what it cost me to purchase it in the first place. (Never opened it or broke any seals on it) So I put it up on eBay and some guy in Texas bought it. EVERYTHING EC-council ships seems to come from that area (Malaysia, Indonesia). Of course they have offices in India.

Actually, it's NOT a bumper sticker, it's a window clingy. I have it on my back windshield. My license plate reads "W2K MCSE". I have a bumper sticker that reads "31337 H4X0R". You'll know who I am.

The free stuff they sent me (round playing cards, extra bumper stickers, t-shirt) came from Singapore area. Don't know why, but I think the guy I was emailing with about getting my certificate remembered me from my bitching, and sent me the stuff free to shut me up. All the t-shirt is is the CEH logo over the right-hand side, and "EC-Council" on the left side. Other than that, it's a white t-shirt.

I passed my exam on 12-10-04, my 3rd attempt on the exam. I'm NOT a programmer. Passed with 73%; my 1st time on exam, I got 65%. Argh.

I am from NE Ohio. Cleveland area. How come when ever I mention the CEH (in an interview, etc.) I get laughs and a smile and a giggle? Is the CEH funny or something? Does anyone else get laughs and giggles?
Last edited by oyle on Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

-Tapeworm
<<

oyle

Post Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:46 pm

Couple of interviews recently, not much to speak of. mostly temp agencies. I did do an exam last week for Cuyahoga County (Ohio) Board of Commisioners "Dept. of Seniors and Adult Services"; they have an opening for an Admin. Test was 9 page word doc; Hardest math question was of type "Train A leaves Chicago for Boston at 9am CST. Train B leaves Boston for Chicago at 10am EST. 1100 miles between BOS and CHI. When (EST) do two trains cross?"
Only hour and half allotted for test; I guesstimated and put down 11:30EST. Guy in front of me put down 7pm!!! Wrong.

Several questions on Netware, NLMs, etc. I'm mostly Microsoft, answered as best I could. I think I did preety good. There were only two other guys taking the test the same time I was, but I think they had other testing sessions. They advised us it would be about two months or so until a final decision was made, but we would be called back (depending on test results) for an interview with a panel( I HATE those; three of them against you), and an interview with the hiring manager; but they said after you are accepted, you can figure on being there until you retire. Or if you f*** up really bad, or something.

WHY is the CEH so funny?

BTW, I belong to local InfraGard chapter, created by Cleveland office of the FBI. At the last quarterly meeting I attended (Sept.04??) they advised that one reason it may be harder for companies to hire someone like us (A CEH) is because it's cheaper for them to pay ransom to get their data back. There was a little buzz last year about a virus that was going around that, if your company was hit by it, it would encypt a companies' data, and then send a email offering their data back for a ransom of around $250.00, by credit card of course. Supposedly the companies felt that was a cheaper option then bringing in a CEH to make sure it doesn't happen again. I also get the feeling that companies see us as a threat to their systems. Maybe we shouldn't broadcast the fact that we're a CEH until after they hire us...????

OylE.
::)
Last edited by oyle on Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------

-Tapeworm
<<

Dengar13

Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:51 am

Still haven't received mine yet... :'(
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
<<

oyle

Post Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:18 pm

Oooops, I did make one mistake in my previous posting. They dated my certificate MARCH 5, 2005. I passed my exam 12-10-04. So what, that's [almost exactly] 3 months. 3 long, agonizing months. Sorry you haven't gotten yours yet. I don't know WHY it takes as long as it does. it seems to take them almost 3 months; give them at least that long. It's only a few more days until it's 3 months for you, anyway. Let's see, that would be for you, Jan. 28. Be here before you know it.

Join me together now, for a rousing round: 1,2,3, ARGH!!!!!

If you want, I can scan my certificate in and post it here so you can see what it looks like.

:D
Last edited by oyle on Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------

-Tapeworm
<<

Dengar13

Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:11 pm

Still waiting....

:(
A+, Net+, MCP, CEH
Next

Return to CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker