Congrats. I am glad to hear you did not think it was as hard as you had heard. This is comforting as I just got my voucher and will be scheduling my test next week! This certification is to expensive to fail! :oWhat I used to study:
1. AIO book - read cover to cover and note carded highlighted points that were new to me. I went back and re-read areas I needed work in.
2. CEH official review guide. Read cover to cover, went back and covered areas I was week in. I also note carded areas that seemed to be stressed.
3. Practice questions from AIO and from CEH review guide.
4. 7.1 Official courseware - Note carded new stuff to me as well as stuff that AIO/CEH Review guide called out.
5. Years of security background/experience.
6. Over 740 note cards I created and memorized/learned-understand the concepts.
7. Free TrainSignal videos at http://www.trainsignal.com/blog/tag/ceh
8. Three months of intense study. - 1 hour at lunch at work in study room, several hours each night at home. 7-8 hours each weekend day.
Once I pass (*knocks on wood*), I will be doing my elearnsecurity.com professional course (60 hours). Not sure if I will take the certification or not. I am very short on time - less then 1.5 months before I "have" to take sign up for it. After that, I hit my studying for the CISSP hard.