Vista Launch Event in Chicago

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:58 pm

Vista Launch Event in Chicago

In liue of going to SF and the RSA conf, I will be attending the Vista Launch Event in Chicago on Wednesday. Anyone else going?

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

oyle

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:31 pm

Re: Vista Launch Event in Chicago

I went to the one in Cleveland, Jan 23rd, downtown at Renaissance hotel. about 1000 people, presenter was Matt Hester, who often does presenting at regular Microsoft events at a theatre in Middleburg Hts.

Lotsa hype, quite a few vendors had stations set up there, including my old school, New Horizons. The local NH has a class coming up for the CHFI, but it's only online. Don't know why, other than maybe it's not a big seller. But it's in the class guide, listed at $2995.00  3 nights a week, MWF, 6p-9pm, for 3 weeks, I think.

You would think I have enough certs.

I just discovered a new organization today. Man, I wish they were all this easy. All you have to do to belong to it is to say you're a member. Oh, and they ask you to email them to "register". I already did this morning. Organization is
  ' Or 1=1--
Johnny Long is a member.
Last edited by oyle on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm
<<

LSOChris

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:42 pm

you need to check and see if that course has labs, i heard the all online ones do not.  talk about a paper cert to not have labs for a forensics course...
<<

tmartin

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:52 am

I went to the event in Milw. Interesting, but nothing earth-shattering. Getting the Office 2007 CD for free (a registered version) was worth it.
<<

oyle

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:25 pm

Yes, I got the Office 2007 cd, have not installed it yet, because, well, there's only the one legal product key.

I'd like to find someplace online where you can purchase just the product keys. ANyone know anywhere where yo cando that?

Of course, there's the issue of how much a product key would cost. In my mind, it shouldn't cost a lot, because, geez, it's only 25 alphanumeric charatcers! How much could that possibly cost?

OTOH, I just KNOW they're going to want a lot for a product key, because it's involved somehow into the licensing part of the software.  :'(

I ordered the other day, from Amazon, Tapeworm's excellent "1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k". Just arrived today. paperback, 250pgs. NOW I have  a portable copy of "the ten laws of geek", and "how to design your very own ascii graffitti bag".  ;D

SOME things it's OK to pay for. It's a sure bet my local bookstore wouldn't carry this; I would have had to order it anyway. 8)
MCP, MCP+I, MCSA, MCSE(NT4/W2K), CCNA, CCA, NWCCC, VH-PIRTS, CEH
--------------------
"hackers are like jedi, crackers are like the sith: do not fall prey to the dark side".

From 1337 h4x0r h4ndb00k: "the ten laws of geek", law x
                  -Tapeworm

Return to Editor-In-Chief