BiDiBLAH Error [solved]

<<

Cutaway

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:35 am

BiDiBLAH Error [solved]

I am trying to get to know Sensepost's BiDiBLAH.  Unfortunately I am having a problem with the program binding to the interface.  The error I get happens when I try to run a port or banner scan.  When I press start under the "Port Scanner" tab I get the error message "Sorry - couldnt bind to the adapter!"  When I press start under the "Banners" tab I get the error message "Sorry - couldnt bind to the adapter! This is not good...what did you do??"

A little background and system configuration might help.

I have installed BiDiBLAH on a XP Pro system running in VMWare.  I have .NET 1.1 and 2.0 installed.  I have installed the RawPacket NDIS Protocol Driver and rebooted.  I have WinPcap 4.0 beta 2 installed.  I have configured the VMWare networking to run "Host-only" so that I have an isolated network environment with two other systems.  I have configured the "Destination MAC" to be the default gateway for the VMWare network gateway.  I can ping all hosts on the network and I have disabled the Windows Firewall all other firewalls on the system.  I do have Free AVG Anti-virus running (don't think that matters but who knows).

I have tried and looked into everything.  I have also Googled with no results other than the tutorial Making Testing Easier With BiDiBLAH http://www.ethicalhacker.net/content/view/20/24/.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by Cutaway on Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go forth and do good things,
Cutaway
<<

Cutaway

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:07 am

Re: BiDiBLAH Error [solved]

Not sure what happened but this is not an issue anymore.  The folks at Sensepost had me switch to the interface to "Bridge" mode to see if it would bind.  It did.  So I switched back to "Host-Only" mode to see if I could change any system configurations to make it work when I found out that was working just fine.

Oh well.  False alarm.
Cutaway
Go forth and do good things,
Cutaway
<<

LSOChris

Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:41 am

Re: BiDiBLAH Error [solved]

see that's why i hate windows...

Return to Network Pen Testing