Intro

<<

cisco_trooper

Post Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:04 pm

Intro

Hey all,

I'm new to this particular forum. I've been in IT for almost 12 years, starting at the bottom as a helpdesk technician, working into a systems admin/engineer position, and then on to Cisco Route Switch, and now into Cisco Security. I am a CCNP Security very knowledgeable about Cisco Firewall, Cisco IPS, anything even remotely related to VPN, Identity Services Engine, and securing router platforms, etc. I have been holding myself hostage for quite a while. I have been eyeballing the OSCP for about 4 years but would not allow myself to do it until I finished up some Cisco certs since that pays the bills. Well, I finally buckled down this year and finished up and am quite excited (for the first time in quite a while) to begin working toward something new (to me) in IT.

So that's my story.
CCNP Security
WIP: OSCP
<<

hayabusa

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:26 am

Re: Intro

Welcome, cisco_trooper!

Glad to see a new face, and best wishes, going forward. You'll have to keep us posted as you progress on OSCP (and assumably OTHER future certs). Feel free to reach out, if you hit stumbling blocks in your study, as MANY members, here, have been in the same position.
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

SephStorm

Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:27 am

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Please let us know if you have any questions, including about moving into IT Security.
sectestanalysis.blogspot.com/‎
<<

El33tsamurai

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 am

Welcome, always nice to have new people around. OSCP, awesome class ;D
<<

cisco_trooper

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks all. I've gotten signed up. Start May 3rd and could NOT be more excited.
CCNP Security
WIP: OSCP
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Sun May 04, 2014 2:05 pm

I'm pretty sure I remember you from back on TE. Congrats on wrapping up all Cisco work, as well as the transition to the darker side ;)

Keep us updated on your progress, and let us know if there's anything we can help with.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.

Return to OSCP - Offensive Security Certified Professional