Complete beginner

<<

wiredguy

Post Thu May 26, 2016 5:49 am

Complete beginner

Hello Community,

Ive a background in IT support and hold CompTIA A+ & Network + plus other Microsoft credentials. I have decided to move into IT security and particularly hacking. I am very interested in looking at the Certified Ethical Hacking course and wondered what advice people would give me as a newbie wanting to become an Ethical hacker.

I have no experience in Linux but have decided to get familiar with Linux and learn coding too. Basically, what advice cvan you give a newbie wanting to move into Ethical Hacking

Wiredguy
<<

nfeynman

Post Sun May 29, 2016 11:58 am

Re: Complete beginner

<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:03 am

Re: Complete beginner

Stay away from CEH. At a time when there were no organized offerings for training on ethical hacking, then maybe this was a good first step into a new world. That time is long gone. Not only will you not be ready for what the professional world has to offer by just attaining a CEH cert, but there are so many more options out there... and better ones at that.

- If money is no issue, then go take a SANS course either live or online with Ed Skoudis. You will never regret the decision.
- If you're looking for a more economical first step, try www.elearnsecurity.com. They have a student track for not only students but also newcomers to hacking. Then you can step it up to the Pro course and more.
- Then when you're really ready to step up your game, go for www.offensive-security.com.
- If money is non-existant, try www.cybrary.it. All Free! All the time!
- Plenty of great books out there. Even some oldies but goodies at your public library. Or watch https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning/ for a free ebook every day.
- Learn programming. Start easy with python, but if it's webapp pentesting you're looking to get into, then javascript is a must. Too many free options to list them all, but try www.codecademy.com, www.khanacademy.com or my recent find to get my kids into coding... www.codecombat.com. For a college-style course, you can't go wrong with www.edx.org.

In the end, choose you're own path. With all of this out there, the only obstacle is yourself!

Hope this helps,
Don
<<

derebaker

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:58 pm

Complete beginner

Ive decided i want to start doin roaches now But ive not got the faintest idea of what im doing, so would love some advice from u experts

Whta can u keep roaches in, do they smell? What substarte, what food etc etc

Thanks Guys
Мой ресурс всем советую посетить Клик

Return to General Certification