CISA CISSP Best Prep Tests ?

<<

dimo

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm

CISA CISSP Best Prep Tests ?

Hi Guys,
I'll be sitting both these if not in the next 6 months then at a push (depending on work) 12 months. I want your opinion on what are the best pre test prep databases to go through for both be that official or 3rd party. What are peoples experiences in this regard??

Cheers Folks :)
<<

azmatt

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: CISA CISSP Best Prep Tests ?

I can't speak to the CISA but I took my CISSP two months ago and can share my thoughts.

Book wise I recommend Eric Conrad's. I honestly didn't have it in me to read one of the 1200-1400 page monster book but his was a quick read. Whatever book you choose I would read through it, google any topics you'd like clarification on (youtube has some great vids for explaining concepts) and then start a steady diet of practice tests.

I would absolutely spring for a cccure membership. There are some topics they hammer on that likely won't play a major role on your exam but it will do a good job of pointing out your weaker areas. There are also several other practice test question books out there, go through all of them you can.

Since the test is more about answering funky questions than straight up technical knowledge getting comfortable answering those types of questions is the key.

Good luck!!

Matt
<<

caissyd

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 am

<<

unicityd

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:53 am

I used the cccure questions and the Shon Harris practice test book. Both were okay for testing myself on facts and definitions, but they were not very much like the real exam. The exam questions were conceptual questions that wanted to know the best answer, first step, most important, etc. Some of them (hopefully the experimental ones) were badly written with no obvious right answer. Without giving away a real question, I remember one that was similar in form to:

Which animal would you most expect to find on a farm? a) zebra b) cow c) giraffe d) pig

Also, there are many scenario questions on the real test. Read the question(s) before the scenario. It really helps to already know what question you are being asked.
<<

caissyd

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:17 am

unicityd wrote:I used the cccure questions and the Shon Harris practice test book. Both were okay for testing myself on facts and definitions, but they were not very much like the real exam.

I totally agree.

In addition, I used practice questions from another book (can't remember the book's name) and I also bought the "official" practice questions from ISC2. Do not buy practice exams from ISC2: they are not like the real test, they were very expensive and they add much to my study... :-[
<<

dynamik

Recruiters
Recruiters

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 am

For CISA, just go with the official practice exams from ISACA. I learned more from those than I did from their study guide. That material is rough, and the wording of the questions is just as poor as the CISSP.
The day you stop learning is the day you start becoming obsolete.
<<

vijonline

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:34 pm

I got my CISSP in 2011 and CISA in 2012. I found that CISSP gives a great foundation for technical knowledge (ten domains etc) - and there are great study materials (Shon, CBK, conrad). Study questions in CCCure Quiz Engine are great.

For CISA, it is a different set of things. I found it easy after doing CISSP since both have some common things (a lot really).

CISSP gave me the foundation - then it will be easier for CISA - my two cents
<<

dimo

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:06 pm

vijonline wrote:I got my CISSP in 2011 and CISA in 2012. I found that CISSP gives a great foundation for technical knowledge (ten domains etc) - and there are great study materials (Shon, CBK, conrad). Study questions in CCCure Quiz Engine are great.

For CISA, it is a different set of things. I found it easy after doing CISSP since both have some common things (a lot really).

CISSP gave me the foundation - then it will be easier for CISA - my two cents

thanks for the input, I"m practising cisa questions none stop at present and trying to ''think like an auditor'' , most of these exams have traits so I'm trying to list cisa's ones in order to prepare for the exam

Return to General Certification