Duplicate Vulnerable VM's that have 30 day windows trial.

<<

n37sh@rk

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:38 am

Duplicate Vulnerable VM's that have 30 day windows trial.

Hello All.

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on software or an automated process that will allow for the same vulnerable VM to be created on different days and allow the 30 day trial to be 30 days with out having to set the new machine up every time you want to send out another VM. The operations systems are obviously windows with vulnerable services and applications for training. I am having a hard time finding anything that will do this, and creating a new VM every time someone requests a VM is way to time consuming.

Thanks.
<<

DragonGorge

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:31 am

Re: Duplicate Vulnerable VM's that have 30 day windows trial

If I understand your question correctly, you want to have one "baseline" VM that's good for 30 days after you distribute it. Would "slmgr -rearm" work?

I think you'll then be able to create your baseline VM. Before you send it out, run slmgr -rearm which resets the activation timers for 30 days IIRC. If this works for you you could always automatic it via a script so it runs once after the VM is configured and first starts up then deletes itself.
<<

n37sh@rk

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:47 pm

Correct there is a baseline VM that we want to use. slmgr -rearm from the research I have done dose not seem to work in XP I would have to use the rundll32.exe syssetup,SetupOobeBnk. That is supposed to only let you do it 4 times as well. I like the idea of using a script to automate on boot up just run the command and then delete it self so that it doesn't run after every boot up. I was looking for more of a software package but if I can get a script to work it might just be the solution.

Thanks!
<<

DragonGorge

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:22 pm

n37sh@rk wrote:slmgr -rearm from the research I have done dose not seem to work in XP I would have to use the rundll32.exe syssetup,SetupOobeBnk.

Supposedly, "msoobe.exe" is used for the XP activation. Haven't used it myself though.
<<

n37sh@rk

Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:27 am

Thank for your help. I will let you know the outcome.

thanks.

Return to Other