SANS Holiday Challenge 2012

<<

m0wgli

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Re: SANS Holiday Challenge 2012

hayabusa wrote:Admittedly, Snow Miser Zone 4 slowed me down a bit, too.  Knew what it was, right away, but figuring out exactly how they did it, so I could solve it, made me think that little extra bit harder.

I've done Heat Miser now, but this ones still giving me problems. I think I'm on the right track, but haven't got there yet. Anyhow, It's proving to be educational. :)
Security + | OSWP | eCPPT (Silver & Gold) | CSTA
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Always gotta hand it to Ed (and now Tim)...  They definitely get the wheels turning.  ;)

Stay with it.  That level isn't as hard as it seems (once you figure out how to go about it.)
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

rattis

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:00 am

hayabusa wrote:You can do it.  As tturner noted, there are enough hints to keep you moving, if you need them.

yet I manged to completely miss them. well got the google hit, but didn't bother.
OSWP, Sec+
<<

dbest

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:08 am

Will have a go again tonight... Need to get my eyes checked... :)
CISM, CEH, CISA, ISO 27001 LA
<<

Triban

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm lame, can't even figure out how to get past the first zone :-p  I keep thinking I find something but leads to a dead end or I don't know how to use what I find.  This is one of those things I wish I could get a better handle on.  Unfortunately the StrategicSec CTF was a bust.
Certs: GCWN
(@)Dewser
<<

m0wgli

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:15 pm

hayabusa wrote:Always gotta hand it to Ed (and now Tim)...  They definitely get the wheels turning.  ;)

Stay with it.  That level isn't as hard as it seems (once you figure out how to go about it.)

Challenge completed. :) I'm kicking myself as I was so close a few day's ago, I probably spent longer getting the URL for Snow Miser zone 4 than the other nine zones combined.  :-[
Security + | OSWP | eCPPT (Silver & Gold) | CSTA
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:34 pm

From what I've heard from others, you're definitely not the only one who fought that zone  ;)

Glad you made it!
~ hayabusa ~ 

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved." - Sun Tzu, 'The Art of War'

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

hayabusa

Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:50 am

~ hayabusa ~ 

OSCE, OSCP , GPEN, C|EH
<<

Triban

Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:10 pm

I messed around and got through a couple of the zones but then just ran out of some free time to concentrate on it.  I did like that I wasn't far off on some of the things I was thinking to get past those first couple.  Would have been lost at the crypto pieces though.  There is always next year!
Certs: GCWN
(@)Dewser
Previous

Return to Skillz