New Member Looking for UK and Canadian EH-Netters

<<

AndyB67

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:38 am

New Member Looking for UK and Canadian EH-Netters

New member saying hello.  I've been looking for something like this for a while and managed to stumble on your site by accident during a splurge of boredom relief yesterday (I can only stand so long staring at a series of progress bars).

I'm currently a data manager but over the last 15 or so years i've done a bit of everything though i'm weak on the programming side of things (done some html and php only).  

Been playing with various flavours of linux over the last few years and discovered Backtrack just over a year ago.  Still exploring the features of that!

Managed to talk work into sending me on a few courses but the skinflints wouldn't let me do the exams  :-[ though i've managed to sneak of and get my N+ and hope to pass my CCNA soon

The security side has always facinated me but i've not been in a position to take the plunge.  Within the next 2 years I will be in a good position to go for it (with my 6 months emergency fund as well).

I am likely to have a lot of questions once i've finished going through the offerings on this site and I hope you guys will be able to point me in the right direction for the answers?

My first question is are there any UK and canadian members out there as I need advice about those countries?
Last edited by AndyB67 on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net+ Sec+ More to come
<<

don

Administrator
Administrator

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Checking In

Welcome. First hint... it might be a good idea to rename the thread with your question. Someting like "New Member Looking for UK EH-Netters" might get you going in the right direction.

Checking out some of the offerings of 7Safe and their CREST courses may be of interest to you.

Don
CISSP, MCSE, CSTA, Security+ SME
<<

AndyB67

Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Re: New Member Looking for UK and Canadian EH-Netters

Thanks for that hint (point taken on that one) and the link.  Yet more certifications to read up on!
Will have to badger my boss tomorrow and see if there's any spare money in the training budget  ;)
Net+ Sec+ More to come
<<

RoleReversal

Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:18 pm

Andy,

I'm UK based, but know nothing about Canadian side of things. What info are you looking for?
<<

caissyd

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:35 am

Hey AndyB,

I leave in Canada. What is your question? Please post it on the forum.
OSCP, GPEN, GWAPT, GSEC, CEH, CISSP
(aka H1t.M0nk3y)
<<

AndyB67

Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:34 am

Thanks for responding guys.

My situation is that i'm coming to the end of my current contract in the UK late 2012 and am looking at moving from my current role in Administration into the Security side of things.  I'm also looking at the possiblility of relocating to Ontario or Alberta in Canada.

I'm trying to get a little insider knowledge of how 'buoyant' the job market is in the UK and Canada for Security/ Pen Testing etc.  I'm also trying to find out which of the array of Certs available are the most favoured by the employers in the UK and Canada.
Net+ Sec+ More to come

Return to News Items and General Discussion About EH-Net